Thursday, December 13, 2012

TTT #11: Hobbitses Precious...



THE HOBBIT IS FINALLY UPON US!!!!

As you can see I am really jazzed for The Hobbit.  I have been waiting 10 solid years for this movie to come out.  For a long time it didn't seem like it wasn't actually going to make it to theaters.  With MGM and New Line Cinema duke-ing it out for so many years and no one willing to give ground.

That's neither here nor there because it's HERE.  In 3.5 hours I will be sitting watching it.  Be jealous.  So ready. 

Anyway in honor of the theatrical release of the hobbit I have made a playlist in commemoration of the genius of Howard Shore and all the music associated with J.R.R. Tolkien's world of Middle Earth.  I hope you listen even if you don't necessarily like stuff like this.  I have also chosen many songs (all except the first actually) that have lyrics.  So it won't just be instrumentals.  Enjoy.

TTT#11 Playlist
TTT Mega Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist

The Shire


This is one of the first songs you hear when you start watching Lord Of The Rings.  It also happens to be one of my favorites.  It sets up the theme for the hobbits with a nice little pennywhistle solo which is just grand.  I also have a pennywhistle just so I could learn how to play this.  Yes I'm a nerd, bite me.

Concerning Hobbits - Howard Shore

Enya Is A Goddess


I love Enya.  I don't care how anyone else feels about her, I love her.  I have listened to her albums for as long as I can remember (thanks Dad).  Her association with LOTR just brought her into the stratosphere with me.  This is one of my favorite Enya songs AND one of my favs from the Fellowship of the Ring Soundtrack.

May It Be - Enya

Faramir Is Not Dead...Yet...


This is the song that Billy Boyd, also knows is Peregrin 'Pippin' Took, sings to the Steward of Gondor, and Faramir and Boromir's father, in Return Of The King.  I always liked it because it was haunting and set up that scene, where Denethor had sent his only living son off to win an unwinnable battle.

The Edge Of Night - Billy Boyd

Looooove


This is the song that plays when Arwen and Aragorn are gettin' all snuggly.  They are the ultimate love couple.  To hell with Romeo & Juliet or even Triston & Isolde.  Arwen & Aragorn.  Elf and Dunedain.

Aniron - Enya

What's Taters Precious??


The overlying theme throughout all of the scenes with Gollum is pity.  Howard Shore wants you to pity him.  Not hate, pity.  So this song is almost like Gollum's lament.

Gollum's Song - Emiliana Torrini

Breaking of the Fellowship


This will stand out as my second favorite song from the entire Lord Of The Rings Trilogy.  Edward Ross' voice is just so perfect for this.  The slight accent behind the vocals.  Just a beautiful song.  It played over the closing credits of Fellowship of the Ring.  Frodo and Sam went off on their own.  Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas gave chase to the Uruk Hai.  Merry and Pippin were captured.  Boromir fell to the enemy...

In Dreams - Edward Ross

To Valinor


The theme at the very end of the trilogy.  This is where the elves, Gandalf and Frodo are leaving Middle Earth to go to Valinor, which is essentially Heaven on Earth.  A very heart rending ending to the whole adventure. I'll let Annie do the talking here.

Into The West - Annie Lennox

A Company of Dwarves


I don't know much about this track honestly.  Other than the Dwarves sing it in Bagend during their meeting in the shire.  I DO know that in 3 hours I will know =D

Misty Mountain Song - Howard Shore



That's it folks.  I hope you enjoyed my list.  I am super excited about the opening tonight.  I have my cloak out and ready to be worn, I know, I'm a nerd. 

KKNY signing off and teeming with excitement...

6 comments:

  1. I had a feeling we were going to get an Ode to the Hobbit review for thuper thong thursday this week. lol. I love enya as well. and there are people who don't love her...i don't get it...Anywaaaaay, I'm super jealous I'm not going with to see it too! I'd like a picture of the cape attire for future blackmail intentions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to get a pic of Erin and I at the midnight showing but alas there was no one with us to take the picture. It is an extremely warm cloak. I am thinking about wearing it around just to stay warm. I'll start a fashion trend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should've put a couple of Zeppelin songs on here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about doing music inspired by Tokien, but that can get really weird, really quick. So I just went for some of my favorite tracks from the movies =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This REALLY makes me need to see The Hobbit! When are we gonna work in that road trip to see it at 48 fps which I assume is frames per second. And I don't exactly know how awesome that will be, I trust you dear brother. Let's try to hammer out that road trip...

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! I need to see it more timeses...

    ReplyDelete