Saturday, November 30, 2013

TTT #61: It's My Jams!



I have held off this week's Thuper Thong Thurthday til Saturday for a very good reason.  It is both my mother and my girlfriend's birthday.  In honor of this auspicious occasion I have decided to make a playlist dedicated to this day.  As my mother probably doesn't read this blog, it's all for Erin, my grillfriend:  



That's her doing the morning-on-my-way-to-school-gotta-hit-up-Starbucks-because-I'll-pass-out-if-I-Don't thing.

This week's playlist is dedicated to her.  She came up with the title upon hearing the songs.

Happy Birthday Bebe. (and Mom!)


TTT #61 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


I Might Die 4 You...Depends...


I Would Die 4 You - Prince

I would die for her in the right circumstances.  If there was a robbery, car crash, crazed gunman.  I would do that.  If she decided to do something I find completely irresponsible and foolish, such as dancing in the middle of the interstate because she's had too much wine to drink, then no.  She deserved that shit.  That's just crazy.

I'd try and keep her from doing it, of course.  But if an angel showed up and asked to me to change places, "I'm good.  She got her self into it, she can get herself out" would be my response.

Sorry dear.



Ain't Another Woman That Can Take Your Spot My...


My Love - Justin Timberlake

She would leave me for him.  I know this.  So I decided to buy her tickets to one of his shows...in order...to better...facilitate...our...brea...

I feel like I've been lied to...


Unhealthy Obsession With Hall AND Oates


You Make My Dreams - Hall & Oates

Do you think in that picture Daryl Hall was just like "Dude...does rolling my sleeves up like this make my shoulder smell funny?" *sniffsniff* "Nah you're good bro" would be John's reply.  Then in that exact moment the photographer snapped the camera.  Giving us this slightly homoerotic, completely 80's,  pose, forever associated with their careers.

I wonder if that bothers them to this day?



Heh


Dancing With Myself - Billy Idol

Heh.  Dancing.  With "himself".  Know what that means?  All alone.  "Dancing".  By himself.

Eh? Eh, do ya?  Alone?  Dancing? Give ya hint, he makes that same face when "dances" with himself.  No?

It's masturbation.  I have thought about making a playlist dedicated to song that you probably didn't know were about masturbation.  Like Turning Japanese.  Think about it...it's racist and messed up.  But still...think about it...



J-I-M-B-O


The Jimbo Song - Reverend Horton Heat

We have seen The Rev a couple of times and they put on one hell of a show.  That's Jimbo all the way to the right on the upright bass.  He can play the hell out of that bass too.  If you like rockabilly in any way, shape or form, you should definitely go and check out one of their shows.  They are usually cheap and full of energy.

Go now. 



Hey...


Hey - The Pixies

I don't really listen to The Pixies.  I have nothing against them.  I just don't partake.  In all honesty.  I am not even sure if that is them in the picture.  I just Google Image'd 'The Pixies' and grabbed the first pic I liked. 

I hope that's them.  That would be embarrassing.



Yep...Him too...


Everlong - The Foo Fighters

Yep.  She'd leave me for him too.  That seems to be a trend in this list I am not sure that I like. 

I may need to have a "talk" with Erin.


Heh...baby Dave Grohl doesn't even have a real beard.  pft. *walks away slowly*



Our First Concert Together


In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 - Coheed & Cambria

Erin and I have been to many concerts together.  We have seen everything from the big ones like Paul McCartney, Elton John, Rod Stewart, and U2 to the smaller ones like The Weepies, Manchester Orchestra, 311 and The All-American Rejects.  We have been to Ozzfest.  We have been to Warped Tour.  We've done John Mayer in the rain.  We done KISS with a broken ankle and a break down.

We have many concert adventures, Erin and I, but we have seen Coheed no less than seven times.  Possibly more.  I will always remember our first concert, albeit not as a couple, was Avenged Sevenfold *shudder* and Coheed.  Coheed was awesome.  Avenged Sevenfold; not a fan. Sorry guys.

When I hear this song I always think of my beebs.  So I added yet another  man she would leave me for.  But that's OK, cause I love her none the less. 

Happy Birthday Miss Evans, If You Please. 

I Love You =)

KKNY signing off.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Erin! And there is no homoerotic vibe with Hall & Oats. Don't you know 80's sultry when you see it ?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that could be true. 80's sultry wasn't exactly on my radar when I was 8.

    ReplyDelete