Thursday, June 20, 2013

TTT #38: Synth-tastic Epic 80's Songs



This is just an 80's synth kind of day.  I have no other explanation other than that.  If you need an explanation other than that...get your own blog.  Do your own stuff...Geez...

Anyway...short and sweet...on to it...


TTT #38 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist



We Can Dance If We Want To...



This song will forever remind me of Bio Dome.  Bio Dome (and most Pauly Shore movies) define my high school years.  I think we should all befriend a bunch of little people and dance around a RenFair somewhere.   Anyone in?




Not Marilyn Manson


Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics

This is just a given to be included.on this list.  This is one of the quintessential synth riffs.  You can never go wrong with this song.  You can always turn it up, roll the windows down and let the sweet, sweet sound of Annie Lennox's voice take you to another world.  Sort of like Into the West, but with less Hobbits and Dwarves.



Might As Well...


Jump - Van Halen

I liked Van Hagar.  But Diva Lee Roth IS the lead singer of Van Halen.  This is a fun song to bust out on a keyboard to pretend like you know how to play keys.  That's what we fake 80's band mates call piano or keyboards, Keys.  I'm a key player...



Shades...in the shade...



Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart


I remember this one dude that I used to work with.  Him name escapes me right now.  He loved gangsta rap.  He rapped almost the entirety of his time at work.  He liked screwed and chopped and other words I don't understand.  He loved the most ghetto of ghetto rap...and this song.  It would come on at work and he would sing the shit out of it.  It was hilarious...I kind of miss him...




GTA:  Vice City


Japanese Boy - Aneka

I don't really have a lot to say about this one.  That picture up there is kind of freaking me out. 

This song just reminds me of blasting through police barricades in Vice City.  I could play Grand Theft Auto for days.  I used to blast this game on the station that played this song.  I had loud speakers and would blast them in my face.  I miss those days...



Rick Ocasek Will Give You Babies


Hello Again - The Cars

One of the many wonders of rock stardom is a singer's ability to nab the ladies.  Rick Ocasek was once married to Paulina Porizkova.  Check her out.  It's crazy.  What do you ladies think of R.O.?




Digital Getdown


Together In Electric Dreams - Giorgio Moroder

I was going to put a movie poster of Electric Dreams, the epic movie about a computer that falls in love with a guy and when he then falls in love with a real life girl, the computer goes all 2001 HAL on his ass.  It's pretty great.  I couldn't post it once I saw a picture of Giorgio Moroder.  Look. At. That. Mustache.  Damn...he looks like a coke snortin Mario.



Long Version


Tainted Love + - Soft Cell

Ya know I tried to find a picture that was a little less...80's.  It didn't seem to want to come together for Soft Cell.  It seems like their image is one of a gay bar in the 80's that focuses on BDSM and weird leather parties.  Either way, this cover, that's right cover, is a classic 80's song that doesn't remind me of Coneheads at all.



Just To Mellow It All Out


Valley Of The Mind's Eye - Thomas Dolby

I could have ended this playlist with Thomas Dolby's classic hit 'She Blinded Me With Science'.  This song, however, always touched me a little more.  I like the vibe it gives.  He should be more popular I think.  I decided that the last song should just be a little more mellow because I like to mellow out after I get to dancing, which synth always does to me.  Especially bitchin playlists like this one...



That's it for this week folks be sure to tune in next week.  Same Kenny Time.  Same Kenny Channel.

KKNY signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment