Thursday, August 1, 2013

TTT #44: Cliff Diving



Today's playlist is a little late.  I have been thinking of cliff diving all night.  Why?  No clue.  I am not even remotely located anywhere within 12 hours drive of a decent cliff for cliff diving.  I also cannot swim.  I am probably not a good candidate for cliff diving.

I still want to stand to the edge of a cliff...listening to this playlist...



TTT #44 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist




That Bassline To Work Up The Nerve


Q.U.E.E.N. - Janelle Monae & Erykah Badu

Ya know I was going to comment on her poofy hair and how much I like poofy hair but I suddenly realized I don't know what the acronym Q.U.E.E.N. stand for.  Imma Google it.  Brb...

How did your “Q.U.E.E.N.” collaboration with Erykah Badu come about?
Well, “Q.U.E.E.N.” is an acronym and I can’t reveal too much about it except for, it is inspired by private conversations that she and I had. We’re really close, so it’s a lot of private conversations that we’ve had.


The world may never know...bass line still jams though.



Chickened Out.  Backed Away From The Edge...Gonna Try Again...


Burn It Down - AWOLNATION

This song for me is all about the drums and the little riff right after the chorus.  That little pill-harpsichord-esque thing.  Just gets me pumped.  Pumped enough to jump off a cliff...who knows...



Approached The Edge of The Cliff...Not Enjoying The Synergy of The Playlist


Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)- Freestylers

I looked up the original Cracks.  I don't like it.  This version I like.  Always listen to this version.

Always.  I am normally a huge proponent of original over remix, not this time.  That's even though the original band has a guy that from far away probably gets confused for Jon Lovitz a lot.










Was Able To Stay At The Edge Even Though The Previous Song Was About Cracks



Firefly - The White Panda


Keeping in the vein of remix-y type stuff, I give you The White Panda.  This song is a mash up of four different songs.  Ellie Goulding - "Anything Could Happen", A$AP Rocky ft Kendrick Lamar - "F*ckin' Problems", Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Snow (Hey Oh)", Lumineers - "Ho Hey".  I think all of these songs, while completely different, come together wonderfully. Showing that electronic musicians do, in fact, have talent.




The Jump...The Water Below...



The Wave - Miike Snow

Not really sure what is going on in that picture up there.  As I look at it though I have a flood of quotes from Office Space.  A truly good movie.  If you have never seen it you owe it to yourself to see it...

See?



The Fall...Be Straight...Hold Head...


This Head I Hold - Electric Guest

*dances* I go higher...



Splash Down...Weightlessness...


Space Travel - Savoir Adore

Here is a band I think I need to see live.  I just really wish I didn't have to drive for 3 hours to go see a decent band.  Yeah, the Party By The Pool concert series here in town is nice, but they will never anything like this.

I wanna see The Weepies again =-(


Swim To Safety...Bones Intact...


Your Bones - Of Monsters & Men

I just really love this song.  I can't say that enough, honestly.  It just has a really mellow groove that clicks with me.  The harmonies.  It has a large band sound while still sounding intimate.

I. Love. This. Song.




Alas, that is it for this week folks.  Thanks for going cliff diving with me.  I had fun.

Until next time,
KKNY signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment