Thursday, August 15, 2013

TTT #46: 80's Montage (and My Birthday)



In the year of our Lord, the year 1982, on the 18th day in the month of Auguest, a Leo, Rawr, I was born.  You're welcome.  I assume you would like to thank my mother personally, I understand.  You wouldn't be reading this here if she hadn't done what she did that fateful day almost 31 years ago. 

In honor of my mother's valiant birthing I have put forth a list.  A list of such epic proportions so as to show my mother appreciation, gratitude and reverence.  I have made my mother...an 80's montage playlist, which symbolizes my transition from babyhood to what could be called manhood but is somewhere more in the line with large child. 

Thank you mother, I owe you 31...


TTT #46 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist



More Than Meets The Eye


The Touch - Stan Bush

While I am not sure what "The Touch" is, I am sure as a 31 year old man with a beard I will not go around telling people I've got it.  I feel like that would lead entirely too many awkward conversations and explanations and it just wouldn't work out in my favor in the end.




Europa


The Final Countdown - Europe

That picture is just for Ms. Evans, if you please...



Do or...no...Wax...no...Sanda fleur...there we go


You're The Best Around - Joe Esposito

Like many kids after seeing this movie, The Karate Kid for the uninitiated, I wanted to know how to do Karate.  Like many kids after seeing this movie I got a "hiya suit", as I called it.  Like many kids it turns out I was, in fact, not the best around.  Learning once again that my dream of becoming a ninja was just outside my grasp once again. 

This fact mixed with learning that Storm Shadow, the ninja in white, was a bad guy and Snake Eyes, the ninja in black, was a good guy, my world was turned upside down many times in the 80's.  It was a rough decade.




Tiny Pickles


Number One - Chaz Jankel

Another movie my siblings and I can quote more than I believe is entirely healthy is Real Genius.  It amazes me when people say they have never seen it.  I think it is one of my absolute favorite movies of all time.  I have seen it more times that I care to think about. 

I need a shirt that says Laslow is my homeboy.  I love Toxic waste.




Aaaaaadriaaaa...nevermind...


Gonna Fly Now - Billy Conti

Would any such list be complete without this song? I think not.  One day I need to run up those steps and do this.  I would, of course, have to find a day where everyone else wasn't doing the same exact thing.  I assume it would be like that picture of people holding up the Tower of Pisa.  Not original, not exciting at all. 

Maybe I need to fill someone's house with a giant Jiffy Pop and see if the gub'ment could hit it with a laser for me...hmmm...




Not LSU...Seriously...No...


Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor

Again, quintessential.  I am from Louisiana and I will not comment on tigers.  I get really sick of tigers.  Hats, cups, jackets, neon signs, pens, pencils.  No.  No more...please...

I bet that pic hurt Dolph Lundgren's face...can't fake that...



Say Hello To Vice City


Scarface (Push It To The Limit) - Paul Engemann

I like how in this song Paul takes it to the limit, welcomes you to the limit and then says 'maybe take it one step more'.  You just can't please some people.

Obligatory mountain of cocaine joke.  Little friend.  Cubans.  Grand Theft Auto is the shit.




HOW!?  How have you never seen Top Gun?


Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins

I think everyone should have seen this movie by now.  I mean really.  It's been out a while.

[Spoilers]
Goose dies in the middle.  Maverick is the Top Gun.  Tom Skerritt is the real winner. 



BONUS!:



This isn't from that movie above.  It's actually the guys from South Park, but that picture is one of the most painful montages in all of cinema.  At least for a guy.




I'm gonna make my family play board games, muahahaha...

Happy B-day Future me!!  

KKNY signing off...for now...

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Hi-YA! We should have an 80's movie marathon day! That would be the shiz...heheh. It's funny cuz I said shiz...Games, Foods, 80's. Sounds Epic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely be down for this...

    ReplyDelete