Thursday, August 22, 2013

TTT #47: How I Relax



I in kind of a meh mood this week so I don't know how good this particular blog will be.  I once read that you shouldn't start off something of this nature with a sentence like that.  It gives people the preconceived notion that the blog is not going to be worth reading.  It thus becomes a self fulfilling prophecy, and the blog sucks.  Seeing as I have already typed the sentence, and this explanation defending the sentence, I'll just leave it.  Seems easier...and I'm feeling lazy.


 I wish I had a hammock.


TTT #47 Playlist
Twitter For Spotfiy Playlist



 Shake It Up


Fidelity - Regina Spektor

This is a story about how she got lost in the sounds and eventually started hearing voices.  Fidelity is the story of Regina Spektor's descent into schizophrenia.  It's not plain on the surface but if you dig a little deeper it is plainly obvious.  She talks about what would happen if she started doing things different.  She talks about the voices in her head.

She's either in love or losing her mind.  My money is on the latter.




Mom...Please tell me...


Lullaby - Maria Mena

This song is plainly not about anything happy if you truly listen to the words.  It sounds like she was abandoned by her mom.  That's not happy though.  So we will assume that her mother is, in fact, a super heroin, in the vein of Wonder Woman (Only not DC and way cooler).  Then the song becomes about how her mom comes home late and is under appreciated from the city, and the world as a whole.  A bitter old super heroine is not something you want to see in an old folks home.  Just saying.




The Doors Are Closin'


Comatose (In The Arms Slumber) - Eagle-Eye Cherry


Lawnmower Man.  The movie, not the short story.  I'm not really sure what those two things had to do with each other.  This song is obviously about how Eagle-Eye wants to live his life in a dream world, a la Total Recall.  That's all he wants.  It protects him from depression.  This is the future of the youth of America.  Eventually they will just tap the Internet into their brains Johnny Mnemonic style and will look like zombies on the regular.



Standing At Your Door


Songs That Say Goodbye - Schuyler Fisk

Yes, that is Sissy Spacek's daughter.  More importantly I want to know why she thinks songs are sentient and capable of expressing their inability to say goodbye.  I think it's impressive that her songs are tangible, number one.  Then not only are her songs tangible BUT they talk as well.  It's kind of crazy if you think about it. 

Staring contest.


Why Are Hiding From Me


Ready For Love - Indie Arie

This song sounds to me like she is trying to take Love hostage.  Love is trying to get away and she is creepily stalking Love.  This definitely sounds like a song someone would sing to Love as Love was on his/her way to work.  Love forgot their keys and went back inside to grab their keys, grabbed a protein bar because Love is on a diet.  Indie Arie just sits and watches Love get in their car and, uh oh, it won't start.  Love looks panicked.  This is Love's new job.  Love doesn't want to be late.  Indie Arie just sits there and watches Love start to descend into a panic as she fingers a fuse from Love's car.  Indie is ready...ready for love...




Side by Side


Pretty Face - Soley


She totally doesn't look like she sings that way.  Huh, weird.



One Autumn...


Liquefy - The Servant

Not near enough people in this country have ever heard of The Servant.  Great band.  You should look them up.  This is their classic song about him and his girlfriend devolving into a gelatinous state and go back home to Atlantis, wherein there is a large sing along to welcome them home.   Love exists in all states of matter.




Nothing To Do


Heaving Coming Down - Tea Party


This song was given to me by a Canadian I met on the Internet who was appalled that I had never heard of Tea Party.  This is still the only song I know by them.  I really like it.  I have no idea where I met the Canadian.  No clue what her name is.  I am, however, thankful that she gave me this song.

Thank you random Internet Canadian.




That's it this week folks.  Sorry for the weirdness.  It's a weird kind of day...

KKNY signing off.

1 comment:

  1. just now getting to catch up on my blog listening.....so far....i like....im 2 songs in

    ReplyDelete