Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thuper Thong Thurthday #16: Apartment Dancing!



See Thursday is the first day of my weekend.  So on Thursdays, more often than not, I will put on some music and just release some energy.  Bouncing.  Dancing.  Whatever.  This week's list is a direct reflection of that need.  Sometimes you just need to get down, ya know?

Anyway this list is crafted (yes, crafted) to get you up, up, up!  These are songs that I like to move around to!

TTT#16 Playlist
TTT Mega Mix Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


BEAT!



Dammit if this isn't just the perfect song to start off with.  You might be a little skeptical in the first few seconds but once the drums come in it's a jumpy jaunt.  Yeah that sounds lame but I don't like erasing stuff so the review stands. *dances*


It Means Tired of Being Sexy



Now I know the title may be a little off putting.   The beat may seem a little too mainstream poppy for some.  But that chorus.  Music is my boyfriend... I dare you not to bounce your head to that going down the road, or doing taxes, or scoring studies... There is even a bunch of Portuguese at the end.


Stay For The Bonus (There's Nudity (sort of))



Two things, one:  How do you like that double parenthetical going on in that title?, two I realize that is another slightly off putting song title.  However, if you have never heard of Matt & Kim you, my friend, are in for a treat.  They are a catchy little duo.  Great music.  Great hooks.  Just good clean all American fun.  

I'm not sure if they are American.  I assume they are, but that is also a very American thing to do.  I am not opening up a new tab to find out...do your own searching...  


Casper Meets The Fonze?



I decided to put this after Matt & Kim because they both feature the piano prominently and I thought it was a nice flow.  See what thought and care goes into these playlists for you?  I once thought of doing a playlist of songs where there was a direct yes/no contradiction in the song lyrics.  I could only think of a couple.  This was one of my favorites for that list.  It may still happen in the future just because I think it is a wonderfully ridiculous theme for a playlist, that speaks to me on a deep level...like...really deep...


500 Days...



I know this one is a little over played in certain circles but dammit if I don't still love it.  I think it is a wonderfully poppy tune that has just the right amount of drums and delay.  I love a good guitar delay riff.  Welcome to the Jungle.  Everything Angels & Airwaves does.  It's good stuff...


...Of Summer



Now there are a couple of obvious things we need to get out of the way.  First, I do realize both of the last songs were on a popular movie soundtrack, I like them both and here they are.  So deal.  B.  The bands name is Mumm-Ra.  As I am sure you  know, Mumm-Ra was the villain in Thundercats.  Giant mummy man, afraid of cats, wants em dead, typical 80's fare.  When you hear a band name like MUUUUUMMMM-RRRRAAAAA.  You think metal.  At least I do.  Like Atreyu (Still crying for you Artex).  Not metal.  Mellow, but dancy.  You'll like it.  British too, which is always nice.  Doctor Who!


Male Specimen



Don't they look they are having a ra-ra-riot? Huh?  Eh?  Alright fine.  Another song that just comes in right out of the gate with the drums.  Drums starting off a song always gets me going, but once that bass comes in, awww yeah, then it's on. Get the shoulders into that typing...head bobbin... He almost sounds like a higher pitched voice Ben Gibbard...almost...


Marsupial Judiciary Hearing



I have no earthly idea what the hell this song is really about.  But that picture is awesome as hell.  Giant glasses.  Fog.  A beard.  I'm sure there is some sort of slang I am not getting here though.  I'm gonna UrbanDictionary it.  I may be showing my ignorance but I had never heard the term.  Now I know.  If you followed the link you know as well.  Now we know together. Also, if you haven't played around on the aforementioned website, you are missing out bro...  



That's it for this week folks.  I do however want to see if people generally listen or watch the videos.  I am going to post a video down here for the Eldest.  You should reenact this video, You and the hubby.  Y'all are in the right city already...halfway there Bonus!

KKNY Signing off...till next week...

3 comments:

  1. ok I think there's a glitch somewhere. I've tried several times to listen to the playlist for just this week on both my ipad and android phone...and each time I touch the screen while on the blog...it goes to last weeks post. idk what's going on.EXTREMELY aggravating when you been waiting for tunes. whatcha thinks the prob?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno. =\ I'll try and give it a listen on my phone and see what happens. So you haven't gotten to hear this week's list at all?

    ReplyDelete