Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thuper Thong Thurthday #17: I Do What I Want!


I was told by my girlfriend today, in so many words, I play too much indie on this playlist blog of mine.  This statement has spawned two events.  One: this playlist.  I do what I want.  Because I do.  This music is proof.  Two:  She (and hopefully some others) will be doing guest playlists.  So look forward to that.  I usually hang out with people with good musical taste so we'll see what they cook up.  On with it!!

I should also say that this week's list has some explicit language in it.  So if that offends you I'd skip this one...Not a lot...but it's there...

TTT #17 Playlist
TTT Mega Mix Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist


Slow Jam-esque



So Many Details - Toro Y Moi

I do what I want.  This week I wanted to start off with this slow jam by Toro Y Moi.  You can tell it's a slow jam because slow jams hide behind ferns.  That's fact.  If you saw all of his face at once you wouldn't be able to emotionally, or physically, handle it.  You die of slow jam.  Speaking of which...


Yeah...I played that...



Ya know what's more slow jam than a fern?  Sunglasses, Dracula collars and black & white photography.  Awwww yeah.  Just let the sweet thought of that scene where Shaggy, Scott Evil and that guy from Punk'd cuddle up in Without A Puddle.  Mmmmm...


Can't Let Em Get Cocky...


Roses - Outkast

Gotta keep em in check sometimes.  By "em" I mean those significant others.  Sometimes you gots to make em bounce and smell the roses.  But not the good roses, Outkast roses.  Go on, get close...smell em...


Why?  Because I do what I want.


Your Woman - White Town

What? Why?  This isn't even remotely related to the three previous songs, you say.  You'd be right.  I don't give a damn.  I do what I want.  Right now I want slightly forgotten 90's quasi club rock songs.  Yeah.  That's what I do.


21


I Found A Boy - Adele

Because I wanted to bring it down.  Set the mood for the next couple of songs.  I thought Adele did that perfectly.  Hot picture right?  I thought so.  She's got some pipes on her.  This is just a guitar and her voice.  Mmmmm...nice...


Where ARE We Gonna Go?


Where We Gonna Go From Here - Mat Kearney

I know what you're thinking.  I like Mat Keer-Knee.  You'd be wrong if you thought that.  You, in fact, like Mat Car-Knee.  Just blew your mind didn't I?  It's cool.  Where ARE we gonna go from here you ask?  Apparently a party with the rat pack with that thing tie and a hat...


I LOVE YOU DAMMIT!


Stubborn Love - The Lumineers

This is just my favorite song off that damn album.  That's a great picture too.  They really look like depression era folks.  If you haven't been listening to The Lumineers you are missing out on music (and previous blog posts).  That's right I featured their single Ho Hey way back in TTT #4.  But this song.  This song right here.  THIS song...is my shit...


Really Doesn't Belong On This List


Daughter - Loudon Wainwright III

Yep that's the LB/GYN from Knocked Up.  Yes, he HAS fathered a bunch of Wainwright children that sing.  Indeed he too sings.  This song I like.  I included it because I like it.  So deal.


Know Why?


I'm On A Boat - The Lonely Island

I. Do. What. I. Want.


That's it this week folks.  I am not sure if next week will be the guest play list.  I'll let ya know.  Call me sometime...I have slow jams...you never call...=(

Anyway that's it this week. KKNY signing off...

3 comments:

  1. finally got to listen to the list!...bumped right over R Kelly...I have no words for that song, ech. Everything else was great, lol!. Unfortunately, Johns job has come to an end up here, so we are going to be on our way home soon. I'm sad and glad. I'll see you guys soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized I never commented on here. My favorite part of this post is the cake with the piece cut outta the middle. meheheheheh.

    Well I had big plans for my after tax season trip, so I am both sad and glad as well. Boohoo. We'll have to plan a good trip somewhere else instead!! See you soon Chissy Face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am both sad and glad as well. We should at least plan on getting some lunch or dinner or something once you guys get back down here. (I am also secretly glad I get to play that sweet Les Paul)

    I also don't blame you for skipping R. Kelly. I don't actually like that song it was there more for the comedic effect and the memory of Without A Paddle.

    ReplyDelete