Thursday, October 10, 2013

TTT #54: Songs I Can't Seem To Get Out Of My Head This Week



This has been a bleh kind of week.  I thought about just posting the playlist without and commentary.  I thought that would be depriving you of my witticisms, and we can't have that.  Some of the songs on this list are new to me this week, some are old friends. 

Although, I am not at all sure I will have anything worth while to say this week.  This will truly be the pedantic ramblings of my sleep deprived mind. Enjoy.


TTT #54 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist



South American Gold


Chocolate - The 1975

I have to thank 8tracks.com user Suisighdal for this one.  It has quickly become one of my favorite bands of the moment.  I need to kind of slow it down actually.  I have been playing their album at work all this week.  I don't want to burn out before I have even gotten started.



One State Of Matter


Liquefy - The Servant

This song has been on my radar for a few years.  I first heard the song Cells on the trailer for Sin City.  I got the album and fell head over heals for The Servant.  If you like catchy pop songs sung by a Brit with a flair for interesting lyrics, The Servant is your band.



Let Me Be Your Ruler


Royals - Lorde

I just found out that Lorde is a 17 year old from Auckland, New Zealand.  Like, just now.  I am going to let that sink in.  I can't even remember where I heard this song first.  It is, however, the top of my list for songs that will become popular, become people's favorite song without people understanding at all what she is even remotely singing about.  I love ignorance.


I's In Lerv


Angels - The XX


These guys did a Tiny Desk Concert for NPR.  It was a really good show.  They actually sound very similar to their record live.  I love it when a band captures, or as close as possible, their live sound on tape (or...disk...).  It makes me respect a band a lot more when they are able to bring their live musical vision to your car without any loss in quality or feeling.


Best Little What?


The Brothel - Susanne Sundfor

Norwegian Singers.  I like Ane Brun I like like Susanne Sundfor.  I like them both.  I think that Norwegian singers have a certain tone that no others do.  I am making that up, of course, but I think it is a valid reason for me to listen to more Norwegian singers.

They give me Norwegian Wood.  Sorry.  I tried not to make that joke.


My Mudder She Hold Me...


Ode To My Family - The Cranberries

One of the best singers of my generation, or the generation right before mine.  I've never been 100% on how the generations are divided.  It think it might just be a scam and whoever you affiliate with is your generation, like street gangs.  Either way I would love to see The Cranberries live.  I bet she sounds exactly the same as she ever did.

On a side note, that picture up there is how I will always remember Dolores O'Riordan.  That or...



If You Love Something...


Let Her Go - Passenger

This is my absolute favorite song of the moment.  Great song.  Great voice.  Great lyrics.  Decent beard.

Winner in my book.



NaNaNaNANaNaNaNA Re-eh-eh-eh-eh-ady


Come & Get It - Selena Gomez

Don't judge me.  I don't care.  This is my blog.  This is where if I were a douche bag I would say the shortened version of you only live once that was made popular by Drake.  I will not type it though.  Ever.

When you're ready come and get it...When you're Re-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-eh-dy....




That's it for this week folks.  Leave comments and suggestions.

KKNY signing off

5 comments:

  1. I comment each week...nothing saves. Wth is wrong. Idk. This is posting as anonymous...but IT'S ME...CHRISTY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted as Anonymous before it was popular Christy :-P [/hipster]

    ReplyDelete