Friday, January 31, 2014

TTT #69: I Quit My Job.





That's right folks, I quit my job.  Why you ask?  Because my girlfriend tried very hard to convince it was something that we could & should do.  I will get to spend more time with her, with people that I haven't seen in a very long time, and with things that used to make me happy.  Working overnights will take over your life in severely negative ways.

Working overnights has been part of my routine for over 6 years.  It will be strange to do something different.  The fact that I have quit hasn't actually clicked yet.  I am usually off on these days, so I am just doing the normal stuff.  I have DnD tonight, I need to clean the house.  Feed the cats.  All that jazz.

I do hope that this was the right decision.  I have a good feeling about it.  I think I will finally start working towards something that makes me happy.  I made this playlist as a I'm-glad-I-quit-and-I-look-forward-to-things-to-come kind of playlist.  So some of the songs express what it feels like to finally get away from that environment and some reflect what I hope the future is like.

All that being said I will truly miss the people that worked with.  Eating lunch at "The Table" was definitely never boring and I will truly miss it.  I didn't realize how many people I knew at Walmart until I quit.  I had people wishing me well and hugging me that I hardly spoke to in that time.  Definitely made me feel the feels.  Although there were a lot of rough times, I think I may actually look back on my time there as positive.  In the very least I hope to keep the friends I have made there.  I will truly miss you guys.  No homo. (Except for you CJ ;)) <--on purpose double parantheticalness.


Anyway, on to it...


TTT #69 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


NaNaNaNaaa


Pursuit Of Happiness - KiD CuDi

I don't crush a bit and roll it.  I don't drink and drive. I don't know anything about the night terrors every night.   I also don't live missing bullets.  I will, however, sing this song at the top of my lungs when I am alone.  It has just the right groove.

I am now on the pursuit of happiness. 


Queen of Soul


Think - Aretha Franklin

Freedom.  'Murica?  Not really, free from the daily grind of retail.  I know what this song is actually about, however, that chorus is the perfect exclamation of how I felt walking out for the last time!

Freeeeedom.  Freeeeeeedom.  FREEEEEEEDOM....




It's not called The Days Go By


Once In A Lifetime - The Talking Heads

I remember this video from when I was a kid.  It was my first introduction to the Talking Heads.  I remember being really fascinated with the music video.  It was perfectly 80's and it was perfect for a kid who wasn't allowed to watch MTV.  MTV used to be awesome.  Now it's just Bravo...with douche -bags, and Ridiculousness.



In Your Eyes...


Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel

You need to watch this live performance of this song, it is required to be my friend:

In fact the whole end of the concert is fantastic.

After watching this I have decided that I really need to see Peter Gabriel live.



Because It Feels So Good


Feeling Good - Nina Simone

...and I'm feeling good...

Bonus:

Completely Unrelated



I think I miss the old TTT


Free Fallin' (Live) - John Mayer

I really miss being able to put video seamlessly in the blog.  It really is a great part of the experience sometimes, especially with live videos.

Here is another...



Chris McCandless 


Guaranteed - Eddie Vedder

Eddie Vedder did the soundtrack to the movie Into The Wild.  It was a true story about a rich college kid named Christopher McCandless that gave away his $25k savings and just left his life of privilege  to go backpacking around the country.  He adventures took him all the way from the Eastern United States to Alaska.  Definitely a book (oh yeah, the book is better) to read if you have a case of the Wanderlust.

I want to wander lustily...



That's it this week folks.  I don't really know what else to say.  Let's hope I make it!  (I've been assured that I'll make it.) 

Thanks for reading/listening,
KKNY signing off.

2 comments:

  1. Duuuude! I hope you find something that makes you happy. It's impossibly soul sucking horrible to work somewhere that makes you so very very unhappy. Good Luck, and I have a bag of button down shirts for interviews. :))

    the blog....aaahhh Talking heads and Peter Gabriel. SCHWEET, great great great. and Nina? Kid cudi? I love it. of course we are related, how could we not be? Here's to your next adventure (wine glass in air-actually I'm at work so glass is imaginary) may it be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sister! It is a really good playlist, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete