Friday, February 28, 2014

TTT #73: 80's Movie Anthems




I heard this today which got me to listening to other 80's stuff.  Some days are just 80's days.  So I decided today I would some of my favorite songs from 80's movies.  I am extremely glad that I did this list because it brought back a song I haven't heard in a very long time.  It's first.


On with it...


TTT #73 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist



The Language of Love



Arrested By You - Rupert Hine

I don't care how well this playlist does, I am glad I did it.  I have rediscovered this song.  It is such a beautiful song.   I have found that this movie is not nearly as prevalent in everyone Else's childhood as it was mine.   I absolutely love this movie.  This scene is where Lane finally decides to leave the cheating crazy popular girl behind and go for French exchange student next door.

Right choice.  So glad I found this song again.  I could just end the blog here...




It Puts The Lotion On Its Skin


Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus


That's Captain Stottlemeyer from Monk.  That is all.   NSFW Risky Click



Cusack Numero Dos


In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

How could I not?  I mean seriously...




Tiny Pickles


Number One - Chaz Jankel

Another movie I don't feel nearly enough people recognize as one of the absolute best to come out of the 80's.  The only person I have heard drop this movie title as a favorite, other than my own family of course, is Chris Hardwick.  The Nerdist himself.  I think I need to invite Chris Hardwick to just sit and watch esoteric 80's movies with me. 

Do you think he'd come?



What Babe?


Magic Dance - David Bowie

Just your regular movie about a girl who's little brother is kidnapped by the Goblin King, who wears a cod piece, has to form a group with a dog riding thing and a big smelly ogre thing.  At least we got contact juggling out of this movie.  Plus it's just an all around great movie, parts of it still creep me out and I am 31 years old.



No Disassemble


Who's Johnny - El DeBarge

Los Locos kick your ass
Los Locos kick your face
Los Locos kick your balls
Into outer space!!!



Rugrats


One Way Love - E.G. Daily

The singer of this song is the girl in the school dance scene singing for the band.  She also played Dottie in PeeWee's Big Adventure and is the voice of Tommy Pickles in Rugrats.

Last season she also sang on The Voice.  You wouldn't think she would need to do that, I guess that is the music business for you.  One of the true great raspy voices.



Had To...


Weird Science - Oingo Boingo

I may, or may not, have included this song just so I could use that picture of Kelly LeBrock.  I regret nothing.



As Per Erin's Request




Purple Rain - Prince

I will keep this song up here as long as I don't receive a cease-and-desist notice from Prince.  He doesn't actually like people to listen to his music.  He just wants them to buy it repeatedly and store it in a box buried in the ground, never to played.  He doesn't want you to play it and then, perchance, have someone walk by and hear the song having not paid for it.  Prince indeed.



That is all this week.  I just realized that I never told you guys what movies these are from.  I just assumed everyone has the same taste as I do.  Well it was Better Off Dead, Silence Of The Lambs, Say Anything, Real Genius, The Labyrinth, Short Circuit, Better Off Dead (Again, no regrets), Weird Science (If you needed to know that, I weep for you) and Purple Rain (again, weep).  That is all.  If you need more info, google it.



KKNY signing off...

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever had that dream where you're standing in sort of sun god robes on a pyramid with a 1000 naked women screaming and throwing tiny pickles at you?...No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why am I the only that has that dream?

    ReplyDelete