Thursday, October 31, 2013

TTT #56 & 57: All Hallows Eve


Damn it has been a long couple of weeks.  I am pretty sure we survived a tornado while we were camping.  I had a giant rat chew a hole in the outside wall and make a camp of our storage shed.  He actually turned one of our sleeping bags into his nest.  Bright side:  I threw away most of the rat-tainted stuff in the closet and now I have tons of space.  Win.

Due to all of that nonsense, if you are keeping track, I wasn't able to do a playlist last week.  So I decided to make this one a double.  I realize I am posting this very late on Halloween.  But who doesn't love a good Halloween playlist?  Any old time.  Especially that Electric Six song.  Dammit that jams.

Anyway, whether it is Halloween, or not, I really dig this playlist.  Enjoy.


TTT #56 & 57 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


You Came Along And That Freaks Me Out


Dracula's Wedding - Outkast

Yes.  That is Dracula's wedding.  Vlad The Impaler was said to drink the blood of his enemies to gain their strength.  Sounds a little more Highlander and less vampire to me, but hey, to each his own.  He sure was a creepy looking son-of-a-bitch.  I guess he was kind of psychotic too.  Not a vampire in the traditional sense, but definitely batty (see what I did there?).  Go see for yourself...



Vlad again?  Vlad II?


Dracula - The Gorillaz

Not the only fully cartoon band.  You probably thought that The Gorillaz were the original all cartoon band.  But The Archies did it first...

True.


You Remind Me Of The Babe...err wait...


Man With A Hex - Atomic Fireballs

I miss the swing craze in the late 90's.  I wish more good music genres from years past would make a huge come back for no reason at all.

Like...lounge...or jazz...


People ARE Strange...and I am their King


People Are Strange - The Doors

I am a geek.  I am a nerd.  I know this, always have been.  Some of my friends don't view me that way, at least not typically.  I don't hide it.  I love board games (really complicated ones), Dungeons and Dragons, Star Wars, Star Trek (Peace brother), Doctor Who.  I where my obsessions on my sleeve.  Literally.  I have tons of shirts.

I have also had, for the most part, relatively well developed social skills.  I am only awkward 10% of the time, at least I think so.  As such awkward people see me as some sort of beacon.  A bridge between two worlds.  The worlds of weird awkward people who don't understand why everyone doesn't play Pokemon and watch Star Wars.  I have always wondered why the awkward are so attracted (not like that) to me.  I like everyone.

Except dweebs.  No one likes dweebs...or douche bags...



Pip Pip


Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

He got his wish.  His door is black.  Long live The Queen.




*Shiver*


Witch Queen Of New Orleans - Redbone

Marie Laveau is the Voodoo Witch Queen Of New Orleans.  You can still visit various landmarks around New Orleans associated with her.  Her grave site and house are popular stops.  I won't go.  Voodoo freaks me out.  Zombies shouldn't be a thing people mess with.  Especially actual zombies.  Not the lumbering Walking Dead variety but the soulless...nope...that's enough...that picture creeps me out...

Moving on...


Erin Has Only Seen This Twice!?!?!


I Put A Spell On You - Bette Midler

Twice.  My girlfriend has only seen this movie twice.  Sometimes I forget just how young she is and that this may not have been a big hit when she was a kid.  I, however, saw it in the theater and it is now the Halloween version of The Christmas Story for me.


AmokAmokAmok



Another Man With A Hex?


Convinced Of The Hex - The Flaming Lips

I want to ride a giant plastic American Gladiator style ball over the crowds of people.  I would be afraid that they would band together and just drop me and then surround me so I couldn't go anywhere.  Do you have any idea how terrifying it would be to be stuck in a hamster ball in the middle of a crowd like that.  Eeeesh.




X


Helter Skelter - The Beatles

If I wanted to kill somebody I would take this book and beat you to death with it and I wouldn't feel a thing.  It'd be just like walking to the drug store.  Do you feel blame?? Are you mad? Do you feel l'WHodohodfifdhdosinsd sdhfoishsd nwwhow w d d d ddbdbdbdbdbd d dkndinfdfdfs dfoindf w fdfdf bdbdbd dbdbd beeueuiowowb  wbowbd dowbdbwo bdowdbowbdowd bod bwo wdobwobdbw

Source


  
Algonquin for The Good Land



Feed My Frankenstein - Alice Cooper

Meel-ee-Wah-Kay



 Hmm?


What? - Rob Zombie

I don't have to tell you anything.



My First Time


Walking With A Ghost - Tegan & Sara

This was the first song I ever heard by Tegan & Sara.  Now it is actually my least favorite song by them.  Usually when that happens it is the only song you like and you hate what the band actually sounds like.  It's nice when it is the complete opposite and a song you really like leads you to a band with a much deeper sound than people usually give them credit for.

Plus they aren't bad to look at neither.



My Song Of The Moment


Devil Nights - Electric Six

I couldn't find any decent pictures for this song.  For whatever reason though, this picture popped up.  I love Workaholics it is an hilarious show.  You should watch, or you will be the punk bitch Danny.

Nights with the Deville...


Second only to the Geico Camel


Somebody's Watching Me - Mysto & Pizzi

MikeMikeMike Guess what day it is?


Had To Be On Here


Thriller - Michael Jackson

You can't have a Halloween list without Thriller.  It's just not allowed.  It is un-American.  For those of you either not from the US or have never visited the States, this is our Halloween anthem.  People do the dance from the video like crazy. 

YouTube it. 



SHE PASSED THE TEST!


Jump In The Line - Harry Belafonte

I recently heard that both Tim Burton and Michael Keaton have signed on to do a sequel to Beetlejuice.  I hope they do it justice.  That is a great movie.  I also hope that he leaves Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp out of it.  I love them both.  That's Captain Jack and Bellatrix Lestrange.  But I need to see some Tim Burton without either of them.  Just to see if he can still do it.




That's it.  I don't think this playlist will be too popular since Halloween is almost over.  But I still think it is one of the better playlists I have posted.  Let me know what you guys think.

KKNY signing off.

3 comments:

  1. Love it. You're geek whisperer. Erin needs to step up movie watching game. I've seen hocus pocus about 10 times this month alone! -Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it bad that the Manson Video a little bit reminded me of our father, with the jibber jabber. :)

    ReplyDelete