Saturday, January 18, 2014

TTT #67 & 68: Damn, It's Been A Week!



DAMN!  It's been a week.

That really is the only way I can describe this past couple of weeks.  Just ugh.

I bet you are asking yourself, why did he choose a picture of bacteria as the cover picture?  Well that's because I have strep throat.  I have heard many horror stories of strep.  I can honestly say it isn't at all comfortable.  I had to go to the doctor, which I loathe.  I had to have shots, which ya know, who likes shots?  On the upside though the migraines have upped my pain tolerance.  Strep is nothing compared to a migraine.  So that's nice...

Anyway, it's been a meh week so I decided to make a playlist of music I like to listen to when I just need to chill.  Which I do.  So here goes...


TTT #67 & 68
Twitter For Spotify Playlist


It's Not Lupus


Teardrop - Massive Attack

You might recognize this song as the theme song to a popular show about a medical prodigy.  You should listen to the whole song, it's a calming chill song.  I found this week that I like Trip Hop more than I realized.

I may be incorporating it into the daily plays more often.



Steal Me Baby


Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation

I can't recall exactly where I heard this song.  For some reason I had it in my head that The Eldest posted it in one her past music posts.  I couldn't seem to find it though. 

Eldest, art thou the one that bestowed this gift upon us?




2-For-1


StarShine & Dracula - The Gorillaz

These 2 tracks are off of the Gorillaz first album.  They have always stuck out as some of my favorite by the group.   They are creepy and droning, which I believe is perfect for music to chill to. 

Agree?



Give It A Chance


Angel - Massive Attack

Now you have to give this song a chance.  It can take a while to get into it but if you let it wash over you, you reap the rewards. 

Neat fact:  That is actually a guy singing.



Chino


Change (In The House Of Flies) - The Deftones


Obviously this song is a bit...heavier than the other songs I have played so far.  No matter how much the chorus and bit before the chorus pick it up it has always stuck with me as a very calming song.  This song was really big whenever I was first starting to play guitar.  Everyone wanted to know how to play it.  So I have heard it a great number of times.  It has been with me through thick and thin.

While I never got super heavy into The Deftones, I've always respected them as a group, especially this song.


Just Cause


Heart's A Mess - Gotye

Just cause.



What if Sade's love were ordinary?


No Ordinary Love - Sade

Let's not be ridiculous, look at those lips.  How could her love be ordinary.  She's obviously hiding something.  Like a love bomb.  Yeah.



The Ultimate Sad Song


Breathe Me - Sia

I think this is the ultimate sad song.  However, I do not only listen to it when I am sad.  It is such a great song.  The music break about half way through is my favorite part.  When the drums come back in the song just builds to this emotional epic masterpiece.  One of my definite favorites.



That's it for this week folks.  Stay tuned for a whopper of a list next week!

That's all I can say.

KKNY signing off.

2 comments:

  1. Awesomely groovy list. Sorry to hear your sick, it's also sad that I live here and never hear of anything unless it's on this blog. I DID introduce lebanese blonde, thievery corp is super groovy, lots of their music on my iTunes. Also...Deftones, an all time favorite..you might enjoy cherry waves as well..check it out. Hope you feel better soon! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very groovy list. I'm digging it. More stars for my spotify :)

    ReplyDelete