Friday, February 14, 2014

TTT #71: Valentine's For The Cheesy Couple



Love.  Love is a many-splendored thing.  Love lifts us up where we belong.  All you need is love.

Right?

I don't know, but this list is for those that don't feel like listening to mellow acoustic love songs this Valentine's Day.  This list is for the cheesy only.  You have been warned.



TTT #71 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist



NOTHING!


Nothing's Going To Stop Us Now - Starship

If you don't understand why that picture was chosen for this song, you are either young or we shouldn't be friends.

That's it.



Gin


Two of Hearts - Stacey Q

I don't know what I was expecting when I Googled a picture of Stacey Q but that wasn't it.  I didn't expect to find a girl that embodies the 80's so perfectly.  I think every major 80's fashion fad is covered in that picture.  Don't act like you don't like this song.  You know you do...




Bill, Mike & Sam


Crush - Jennifer Paige

While not a love song per se, it just fit too well on this list so I had to keep it here.  That Jennifer Paige was kind of a looker too.  She is not an ugly lady. 

The first time I ever heard this song was one of the first times I went to a bar after turning 18.  I was playing pool and a band with the ingenious name of Bill, Mike & Sam, yes they were a three piece, played this song.  It was a fantastic cover and every time I hear it I am reminded of just how much I suck at pool.



Asked and Answered


Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain & Tenille

I told Erin that I wouldn't get out of my chair unless she gave me a cheesy love song for this playlist.  She immediately came up with The Captain & Tenille.

I'll give you 3 guesses as to which one is the Captain.



Erin Made Me Think Of This One


You've Got It (The Right Stuff) - The New Kids on The Block

I was thinking to my self, what would a song that Erin loves be that is completely cheesy.  This is what instantly came to mind.

I love you dear, I truly do, but maybe not as much as you will always love Joey McIntyre.



*Fist*


We Belong - Pat Benetar

Again, not super love-y at first.  But the overall message stands.  I think this is the song that John Cusack should have played at the end of Say Anything.  It would have been interesting.




No, Really, I do...


Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover - Sophie B. Hawkins

I'd like to think that picture was taken on the word 'daaaaamn', that would just be phenomenal.




Heh


Be My Lover - La Bouche

I love 90's dance music.  Why?  I'm honestly not sure.  It's all pretty much the same.  I think there is just enough of that 90's awkward fat kid left in there for me to still appreciate stuff like this and Rhythm is a Dancer.

It is by the way.  A Dancer, I mean.  Rhythm?  Ya know, he dances, just sayin'.





Sorry for the shortness of this week's blog.  I am tired and technically speaking it is now Friday.  I had a bunch of stuff to do today and I almost got some of it done. 

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day! 

KKNY signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment