Monday, August 27, 2012

Workout World

This week the John and I joined a gym. It's located under a mall, which is a little bit cool. Mostly because, the only thing underground in SW Louisiana is crawfish and the water table.  I did notice the stereotypical "guido" with the spiked hair, overly tanned skin, and huge biceps. It exists. I don't get it. Don't get me wrong, tanning and muscles are everywhere. It's the spiked hair that is a mystery to me. It's not attractive and looks a bit like you stuck a fork in an electrical socket on purpose then came to the gym. But, I digress...That being said, John is the "trainer". So far he's doing a great job,I need to listen and not speak. LOL.  I find too many smarmy remarks come flying out of their own volition. So my ABS actually hurt today, we've been working out for 3 days. I had to do abdominals again today, and wanted to cry.We have also adopted a new way of eating, the "Abs Diet", basically changing the way we eat for good. I'm excited. 

THOSE VOICES IN YOUR HEAD THAT ARE SAYING YOU CAN'T DO IT ARE LIARS!!

3 comments:

  1. Work hard...sigh. Yes WORK HARD! I'll try that I think. I need to set myself a date for starting the gym. I don't wanna get up early and I don't wanna go late. Then what?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to get up early and go either! But, I want to be fit more...so I get up at 430am...make a quick breakfast and coffee. Get John's lunch/snacks for the day (he helps), then we hit the gym about 5:15 every morning. We are focusing on strength training, not so much cardio. I'm hoping that this works better than the cardio stuff I've done for the last 20+ years. We push for 30-40 min solid every day. I'm eating 6 small meals per day, nuts, turkey sandwhiches with avocado/lettuce/low fat or ff cheese (no condiments) lotsa water....breakfast is usually muscle milk for me or 1/2 english muffin with a bit of peanut butter. snacks are almonds/string cheese or yogurt or ff popcorn with golden raisins and molly mcbutter...chicken wraps with weight watchers wraps...grilled chicken, garlic, spinach, tomato, low fat ricotta cheese, a bit of ff mozarella..actually yummy. haven't lost anything, 4 days in, but I'm trying to focus on building muscle for now. I'll tweak on weeks 2-3.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You focused on the work hard portion of the caption....I liked the talk dirty part, which comes as no surprise I am sure. :)

    ReplyDelete