Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #12: CHRISTMAS!

Alright it's time for the Christmas episode of this little thing here.  You all knew it was coming so I'm gonna just dive right in.  That's what I'd look like if I were Santa.  Cats sleep in my beard now.  I hope to have it big and fluffy one day so they are more comfortable.

These are the Christmas songs that don't make me want to punch a baby.  I love Christmas it is my favorite time of year, no matter how hard Walmart tries to pummel it out of me.  I will also not be adding this to the Mega Mix list because that seems kinda...cruel...moving on...

TTT #12 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist

Nude Women

Nope not real nude women!  Barenaked Ladies!  This little ditty has been around for a while and it is one of my favorite versions of one of my favorite Christmas songs.  And see how classy that black and white pic is!!!

God Rest You Merry Gentlemen/We Three Kings - Barenaked Ladies

Please...

This is the only version of this song that should exist.  I hate every other one.  They lack feeling and soul.  Never...ever...ever...EVER will I listen to another version... If you happen to play an instrument this song has a really great chord progression.  Just a really nice blues.

Please Come Home For Christmas - Charles Brown

KEVIN!!!
I shouldn't have to tell you what this song always reminds me of, but if you are unaware let me inform you.  This version of White Christmas will always remind me of Kevin McCallister bouncing in a towel.  Great Christmas movie.  Iconic 90's scene.

White Christmas - The Drifters

Is that a star??
This is my favorite Christmas song.  This is my fav version of it, so far.  The first time I ever heard of Josh Groban was him singing this song.  I like opera.  I am kinda eh on his opera.  I like some of his pop stuff in that adult contemporary kind of way.  This song I love though.  Plus look at that pic, it's like you can hear him saying "tell me all about it..."  He wants to help you...

O Holy Night - Josh Groban

Why do I want all of these things?
I still do not understand this song for the most part.  It really sounds like the most insane hillbilly, yet fancy, Christmas present ode.  I really can't listen to it BUT I listen to this version solely for number 9.  I laugh every time I hear it and if I'm in public it always makes me smile (can't laugh, people will think you're crazy...)

Twelve Days of Christmas - The Muppets & John Denver

Not The Beatles?
I know what you are thinking.  That's not Paul McCartney and I'm pretty sure Martin Short wasn't in Wings.  See, I couldn't find a picture of Macca that I liked.  For some reason though amidst hundreds of pics of Paul there was a single lonely pic of Martin Short.  Since I love Captain Ron, he gets to be up top.  Don't judge.

Wonderful Christmas Time - Paul McCartney & Wings

Nina, Pinta, and the what again?
I have been listening to The Hobbit soundtrack a lot lately so you are gonna get two Celtic-y Christmas songs.  One would have already been on this list.  This isn't it

I Saw Three Ships - Orla Fallon

It means Silent Night
This one is.  I love both songs.  But there will always be a special place in my heart for Enya.  It reminds me of so much.  My dad, being a kid, high school.  Love Enya.

Oiche Chiun - Enya


BONUS TRACK TIME!!!!
I have decided to toss in a couple of bonus tracks.  This first one is my favorite track from a Christmas CD I recorded with a good friend from way back.  We recorded in one afternoon (you can tell) but it was fun.  Great memories.  Plus the end gets me every time... Also that's the way Breanna ends it, not me screwing up the timing on the ending chords to the song for the millionth time in my life.  Here is (no video) Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Breanna Fye & Kenny Tarver


Lastly I will be placing this song in honor of New Years (that's what next ya see).  If these two aren't dating, they need to be.  They make a damn cute couple.  That is coming from a guy.  Enjoy.  *shakes head* too cute...

What Are You Doing New Years Eve - Zooey Deschanel & Joseph Gordon-Levitt




That's it folks.  A little lengthy, but worth it.  Hope you listened to all of it, or if you didn't, I hope you didn't skip too many tracks.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.  Stay safe out there.

KKNY Claus leaving you wishing...

3 comments:

  1. I Love number 9 and john denver! the red headed guy that's the lab partner yes? Great mix. and if you listen all the way through...you get Feliz Navidad by Mis Deseos..and I don't hate this paul mccartney song, which is huge, as you well know. Merry Christmas!! miss you guys tons. still listening.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. um actually....it sent me to someone else's christmas mix for Feliz Navidad. But it was still a welcome treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Christmas Mix! And Zooey & Joseph do make an adorable couple! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete