Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday...Blah!

The above caption is exactly how I feel, only the cat has a more comfortable chair to sit in.
This week, I vow to possible go see Christmas lights or do something vaguely Christmas-y. We probably won't purchase a full size christmas tree this year. I think the short 2-footer might be the tree for us this year. (I have no ornaments, so it gets pricey QUICK). I'll ponder it for another few days (a week) cuz that's how I roll. I'll have something in the christmas orientation sitting somewhere in this place come saturday. Have you guys decorated? Did the holidays sneak up on anybody but me? I bought a transmission for christmas...what are you guys getting?


I now am addicted to this beverage
I went in search of diet cherry 7-up...but things are just a bit different here, so it was a no go. I got this on a whim, thinking it maybe didn't sound too great but it was the right color.  It was DELICIOUS! I now am in need of a 12 step program to stop ingesting the fizzy yummy in a cup. If you can find it, I recommend it highly!

It's going to be slightly warmer this week.. Today and tomorrow might actually reach 60. It's like summertime!! The other day, I went across town to nail salon. Once finished, I got in my car, started her up and started the heater....nothing. I turned it on and off again...cuz this should work in my mind. I hear nothing. I just got the damn thing out of the shop due to my christmas transmission....now this. It took 30 min for the car to warm up ( at 2pm it was about 39 degrees outside) THEN the heater kicked in. APPARENTLY, after reading my car manual, heater won't blow until car able to produce heat (go figure) and it's never been cold enough to take it so long to get it going. I thought I was going to freeze...no gloves, only 1 pair of socks on (not enough)...but ALAS IT WORKS!!


So I was warm again, and thanking Jesus for the heater fan...again. Amen.

Just found out my son got first place in his company for Soldier of the Year!! He beat out 220 other people.  He was second place for the whole battalion. Now, I don't know how many soldiers constitutes a "company" and a "battalion" but it sounds like a bunch to me. He's awesome and obviously doing a great job!!

Congratulations Bubba! We Love You. 

Happy Monday folks 4 more days and counting. you can do it!!



5 comments:

  1. Happy Congrats and things Anthony!!! That 'warm it is' picture made me snort. Which I do not appreciate.

    I am sitting here half sick about to go to work and see if I am as well as I think I am (probably not). Hopefully Erin and I will go and get a tree this weekend. It should be interesting considering the cats aren't going to know what to do with themselves once nature shows up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad. The holidays snuck up on me too. Along with finals...my birthday...work issues...and bills. I'm thinking a vacation is in my distant future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitty in full length sweater = hilarious! oh you guys are going to have fun with cats and a tree...ours would climb it daily and eat the candy canes!! Erin, that all sounds a terrible mess. Come up here and we'll go see Elf the musical in NYC. John won't go with me. Newman from Sienfeld plays santa in it! here's the link.... http://www.elfmusical.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's been psyched about Elf the Musical ever since she saw it during the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Poor kitty. He doesn't like a sweater. And I wanna come and see Elf the Musical.

    ReplyDelete