Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #13: 2013...Still No Flying Cars...

Ahhh the new year, or is that The New Year?  Either way, 2013.  Big things happening in good ole Aught Thirteen.  Great Movies (the second installment of The Hobbit, and not to mention all the Marvel stuff) great fun (I'm sure that's true right?) and adventure (who doesn't have adventures?). 

I have made a modest little list for the end of the year celebration.  I have a monstrous headache so I'll be brief today.  I am going to be telling a semi "story" through song today.  Not really a narrative per se but still...


TTT #13 Playlist
TTT Mega Mix Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist



Yes, them again...

Any regular reader of the blog will know that I love The Weepies.  They are truly one of my favorite mellow bands.  This is my gateway song.  That is, the song that got me initially hooked on The Weepies.  Sadly, when I saw them live they did not play it, here's hoping for next time.  I just know that 2012 did not feel like my year so I decided to start it off like this...

Not Your Year - The Weepies


What White Ladder?

I have always loved this song.  I am sure that everyone would like this year's love to last.  Whether it be significant others or just family and friends.  May all this year's love go to you and may it last all year long.

This Year's Love - David Gray


Dark Side of the Moon, Man...

This song has a long ass intro.  But this song is my jam.  I know The Eldest will enjoy it as she loves some Pink Floyd just like I do.  I do hope that The Middle Sibling will give it a chance.  Time passes. The year is ending because time passed.  Not hard to make the connection.

Time - Pink Floyd


The Love You Make...

This is The Beatles song that spawned the line "The love you take is equal to the love you make...".  See on this one I know that the Middle Sibling will like and The Eldest will be the one to convince.  Probably won't do any good, she'll skip it.  I understand.  You're wrong though.

The End - The Beatles


Times Long Past

I'm sorry.  It had to be included.  It marks the mid-point of my playlist.  See everything up to this point is leading up to the proverbial, and literal for those in NY, ball dropping marking the beginning of the New Year.  Everything after this will mark the beginning of 2013.  See what I did there?

Auld Lang Syne - Kenny G


Bono, nuff said...

Do I really need to explain why this has followed Auld Lang Syne.  Really?

New Year's Day - U2


It's been a long night...

Not I, but for some this will be their January 1st, 2013 anthem.  If you don't know it, you should.  Now you can enjoy it.

Last Night - Carolina Liar




Well that's it for this week...Next week we are done with the holidays.  I think I will do covers next week.  It's time.  May your year go smoothly and everything you wished would happen come to fruition ten fold. 

Happy New Year Everyone.  =D

KKNY signing off...

5 comments:

  1. I really this playlist. Probably because I helped create it...sort of...ish.

    Also, I'm Nyquil drunk...so WOOOOO. (Done a la Girls Gone Wild.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did help and I appreciate it. I'm really glad you " " it...=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are sooo right...i did love floyd..and skipped right over the beatles! bahaha...I also want to give nod for one of U2's BEST songs, well done kenneth, well done. You guys be safe for new years, love you bunches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the word fruition, and ten fold would be super. Not to be confused with super duper who, in this family, is a dog. I love having you make me a playlist for all my holidays. I particularly like Bono's 80's rockin sway. He was jammin. huh. And I at least listened to Pink Floyd. No skipping.

    Poor Carolina Liar - that's a bar for ya.

    Happy New Year Guys! Here's hoping 2013 is great year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hear! Hear! May 2013 bring good days for all!

    ReplyDelete