Thursday, March 7, 2013

TTT #23: Fast And Slow



So here's the deal, my sister does taxes.  As any of you folks out there that are savvy to the tax process know the deadline for taxes is looming near.  This time of year, the dreaded "Tax Season *shudder*",  is obviously her busiest time of year.  Lately she has been far behind in her work and has been a frantic citizen of Stressylvania.

So I asked her if she wanted me to dedicate this week's playlist to her, she said yes.  Then I asked her what she wanted.  She said a lot of words I don't remember BUT the thing I clung to the most was that she wanted two playlists.  A fast one for when she needed to get work done and a slow to zone out to.  I thought about doing two separate ones in two separate weeks.  That seemed silly as her deadline is approaching so this week it is a THUPER Thuper Thong Thurthday!  I will be brief so as not to drag the blog on...

On with it...

TTT#23 Fast Playlist
TTT#23 Slow Playlist
Twitter for the Spotify playlists


Title Track


Fast And Slow - The All-American Rejects

I honestly don't feel like this best represents what I was trying to get across but the more you listen to this song the more it gets stuck in your head AND the title is right there in the title.  See that?

P.S. Great band live



Thud Thud


Beating Heart Baby - Head Automatica

Now this song should get anyone up off their feet.  If you need to be up and moving around Head Automatica is a great band for it.  There will be another of their songs later in the list because, well they embody the theme.


Shunshine


Daylight - Matt & Kim

I would like to credit the photograph to whoever's fingers those are.  I just really love this song.  Matt & Kim are also really good for upbeat, peppy, poppy stuff.


Largest Organ = Skin


Bodies - Savoir Adore

I was going to save this for a different playlist but it is just so bouncy that I couldn't help but include it here.


YouTube is the Internet


Internet Killed The Video Star - The Limousines

This band may have to grow on you, but if you let it they will catch with their little electronic widgets and poppy whatnots.


Define:  Disparate


Disparate Youth - Santigold

dis·pa·rate  

/ˈdispərit/

Noun
Things so unlike that there is no basis for comparison.

How about that...



Too Soon?


Brooklyn Is Burning - Head Automatica

I told you I was going to play another...  Ya know I am still upset that they canceled that show, I would have really liked to see them live...


...do what I want...


I Wanna - All American Rejects

This is just one of those "hum to yourself at your desk" kind of songs...No. Matter. What.


It is, Elder, It is...


Everything Is Alright - Motion City Soundtrack

I don't know if I told you middle sister that I have decided to refer to you as The Elder henceforth on the blog.  If Christy is The Eldest, it only stands to reason that you are The Elder.  Which by default makes me The Eld, which is...unfortunate.

This song helped me through some rough times.  Thanks to a sexy redhead for shooting it my way...



SWITCH *sings Will Smith*


No Airplanes


Blue Ice - Shout Out Louds

What is more soothing than this song and that picture?  I mean come on...


Closed


Open - Rhye

I really like this chick.  It was a random YouTube find.  It just has a nice little groove to it...



Another...


The Letting Go - Mount Moriah

completely random YouTube find (I do that a lot).  A very pleasant mistake...


Nothing = No things


Nothing Arrived - The Villagers

The lyrics in this song "I waited for something and something died so I waited for nothing and nothing arrived"  may very well be one of my favorite lines from a song ever.  I there is a lot in there that isn't obvious on the surface...Great song.



No Excuses



Excuses - The Morning Benders

I file this under "I didn't expect the lead singer to look like that" sort of band.  An absolute great song.  Plus he talks about going to the "southern tip of your body" which is a very great way to say something really dirty...


You are missing out...


All The Wild Horses - Ray LaMontagne

It is a stone cold fact that men with beards make the best music.


Not Kelaun


Home Again - Michael Kiwanuka

I don't know much about this guy but Erin and I saw him play on Jimmy Fallon with The Roots and it was just grand.  Thought I'd share.


Lerv


Lover Letters - Jude

Another just plain old acoustic-y style love song.  But a good one nonetheless.


Slowest song ever


Polly Come Home - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss

It's the lead singer for Led Zeppelin and a bluegrass superstar.  What the hell else do want??  Given the song is very slow...but it still moves...

Let's it hear it for John Steinbeck!



Heh...


That last one served no purpose but my own amusement.  I hope that helped with Tax Season sister.  May The Elder bless these lists with her knowledge of numbers and arbitrary tax tricks.

KKNY is now going to go eat some pizza...

4 comments:

  1. Just started listening to this weeks post. Have you ever checked the number of pageviews from day to day, it's on the dashboard. On Thursdays, we are getting a lot of hits. Either you are signing on a zillion times, or there are actually people looking for your playlists. food for thought.

    I have scrolled through and noticed Ray LaMontagne. YIPPEEE. love me some ray...my favorite is "A Falling Through" just saying. I'm going to clean while your tunes reverberate through the homestead!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the lists Eldest. If you have any requests for a playlist I would love to facilitate.

    I haven't watched the hits that closely BUT I set up my browser so that it wouldn't log my visits...so it isn't me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't wanna be the elder. While it sounds very knowledgeable it also sounds very old. And at 40, I'm a little sensitive about these things. I haven't started listening yet, I'm about to go.

    I'm stuck between trying to figure out if I wanna listen to the fast or the slow. I need to go fast, but I'm tiiiiired, so slow sounds better. I'm glad it's friday. AT least I get to leave at 5pm. But there's no weekend this weekend so 5pm IS the highlight of my week. That and a good fast slow playlist from the music meister....

    On a happier note, I dreamed I was at a crafty quilt show last night. Ya know I love a crafty quilt anything, so in comparison to taxes...it was nirvana. Hey I think we need a playlist with some Nirvana and other lovely 90's rock...Pearl Jam....k, back to numbers. Uhgggggggg

    ReplyDelete