Thursday, March 21, 2013

TTT #25: Pop Music I Don't Hate...Yet...



I have been battling the last couple of weeks with different ideas for playlists and this one keeps popping up.  I don't listen to the radio.  Ever.  Well, music radio.  I like NPR and stuff like that.  For the most part though I just listen The Nerdist Podcast or music on my phone.  Oh, how lost I'd be without my phone.

Since I don't listen to the radio very often this one took a small amount of research to round out the list.  I left some obvious (as they have been on the playlists before) artists off this list.  I did my best to do a weird mix because I just like it that way...

I also think the ladies should be pleased near the bottom...don't worry guys...I got your back too...[Purposely cryptic writing]

Lezzz do it

TTT #25 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


Not Freddie Mercury


Some Nights - fun.

I.  Love.  Their.  Harmonies.  I think it is great to see genuine musical talent in music.  You don't get to see it very often these days.  I just love the multi-layered harmonies that permeate a lot of their music.  It has a very Mika or Queen-esque quality to it.  I think if you don't like fun. or fun you are just a party pooper.




Best Band Out There Today


I Will Wait - Mumford & Sons

The first time I heard Mumford & Sons the video for Little Lion Man was on MTV at around 4 am.  I remember dozing in and out and opening one eye and thinking "oh...that's nice..."  Truly.  Fast forward a month I find the video randomly on the net and immediately fall in love with Mumford.  Sigh No More is an AMAZING album.  Everyone should own and spin it on the regular.   Truly a talented bunch of guys.



I didn't know it was on THAT soundtrack when I wrote this


A Thousand Years - Christina Perri

The first time I heard CP was her single Jar of Hearts.  While I believed it had that over-hooky-get-stuck-in-your-head-but-get-overplayed-quickly vibe.  I really like it, and her.  Plus she's not bad to look at.  Anyone who knows me know I like a good tattooed chick.  *winks at Erin*  I heard this song on the radio and I thought it was a nice change from the crap that is on the radio most days.  It was only upon writing the blog that I realized it was the title song from a Twilight movie.  I read Twilight, all of them.  Don't judge.  It was an exchange.  I was to read all 4 books of Twilight and my girlfriend was going to read The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.  Crappy trade right?  Well I read ALL 4 books.  (Didn't like em, plus there is a pedo-wolf).  She read ONE CHAPTER.  Still bitter.  Anyway...haven't watched the movies.  Doubt I ever will.  Still like this song though.



I guess this is the sappy part of the playlist


I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz

So what do you ladies think of 2013 Mr. A-Z?  Long hair...goatee.  Don't worry...he won't give up on your even if you don't like him and his fedora.


For realz.


1.21 Gigawatts


Radioactive - Imagine Dragons

I don't know why but when I hear this song I get flashes of Libyans shooting rocket launchers in the Two Pines Mall parking lot.  Crazy times.  Once they got the Mr. Fusion it was smooth sailing.  Running on banana peels and beer cans.  But not on roads, no, no, never on roads, don't need em where we're going...



Cats are insane


Sail - AWOLNATION

I could talk about this cool electronic track.  But I won't.  I will talk about this video.  Erin has become unhealthily obsessed with it in the past week.  She has probably logged 40 or so views.  Of course that could be very forgiving.  She might be over 100, who knows.  You will watch it a couple of times.  You'll share it.  It's hilarious.  You're welcome.


WE'RE BACK


My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light Em Up) - Fall Out Boy

Nope that's not a collection of time traveling dinosaurs it's Patrick Stump and gang.  I have always been a so-so Fall Out Boy song.  But this video has 2 Chainz in it.  Since 2 Chainz is one of the craziest rapper names I've heard, still not topping Wale (Wah-Lay) or Wocka Flocka Flame though, I decided to include this.  Plus it's catchy.  I'm sure I'll hate it in the weeks ahead.


This one is for the ladies...


One More Night - Maroon 5

Let's face it.  Adam Levine is Maroon 5.  I decided to include that picture for you folks of the male gender liking persuasion.   I thought about posting the rest of the pic but I chose against it.  If you would like to see the rest of that picture, of which there is a lot, you can go here (NSFW).  I must warn you that it might not be entirely safe for the public viewing.  Never know who is watching.  Judging.  Not I.  You do you...



This song...oh man...


Thrift Shop - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

I know I will grow to hate this song.  I love it too much right now and I am going to over play it.  I know it.  However, this song (and video) are hilarious.  You will watch and listen to this over and over and over again.  You will probably find yourself walking and humming "I'm gonna pop some tags..."  Also if you like this song you should check out Same Love.  Good song.  Good message.  Love.  =)

That is the ultimate message no? Love everyone.  Yes.



I am putting this here solely to balance the scale that Adam Levine tipped


Mmmm.  Nice.  So talented.




That's it for this week folks.  Hopefully you enjoyed this list even though it sounds like 95% of the radio stations in existence.   KKNY signing off til next week folks...

Also here is the real link for Adam Levine you dirty, dirty perv you...

1 comment:

  1. AHA!...I have already seen the dirty dirty perv picture..long ago...He looks good in the picture, it's his girlfriends hand/face in butt btw...BUT I can't abide by the man's voice. He grates. If he would just stand there and be silent, we are golden. :))

    Lovin the tunes man...right up my alley...

    ReplyDelete