Thursday, April 4, 2013

TTT #27: Piano Kind Of Day



Holy Shite it's been a long week.  I have worked my bones and muscles to their absolute max.  I have the next three days off and I don't plan on expending any energy that isn't as necessary as sitting on the couch and catching up on various shows and movies that I want to watch.  I will have the laziest weekend known to man.  Oh it will be glorious in its laze...


Anyway, in honor of my meh kind of week.  I have been listening to extremely mellow music.  Not that everything on today's list is mellow.  It just felt like a Piano Kind Of Day.  So here it is...

I will also suggest, once again, that you listen to this list with rainymood.com playing in the back ground.  Helps to calm the nerves...

Also to help with the calm feeling I am going to be doing all (except 1) of the pics this week in black and white.  Because that elevates this to art.

I would also like to thank Texas Wedding Photographer, Matthew T Rader for the use of his broken piano keys pic.  The first of the black and white artistic photos. =)


On with the show...


Thuper Thong Thurthday #27 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist


He just...*sniff*...won't leave the boat...


Playing Love - Ennio Morricone


This song is from the soundtrack to the movie The Legend Of 1900.  It is a movie about a guy raised on a ship that continually crosses the Atlantic.  It's a great movie, especially if you like Tim Roth or early 20th Century Jazz.  Watch it.  You won't regret it.



Random Internet Gem


Soleil - Stephan Moccio

I don't know anything about this guy at all.  I did no research whatsoever.  BUT I really like this song.  It popped up on a Songza playlist and I just really enjoyed it so I thought I'd share it.  Plus he is playing it just for you...see the pic.  That's who it's for...you...


Another Movie


Rather Lovely Thing - Nick Cave & Warren Ellis

This here song is from the movie The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.  Whew.  Really with that title?  Anyway it has Brad Pitt as JJ and Casey Affleck as Robert Ford.  I think it is a fantastic movie.  Even though you KNOW what is going to happen in the end.  I mean, it's right there in the title.  You still feel like it MIGHT not end that way.  Nick Cave & Warren Ellis did a great job with this soundtrack.  This song sets the main tone of the movie and I think it is very haunting and appropriate.



She don't live here no mo'


9 Crimes - Damien Rice & Lisa Hannigan

I have always loved those two together.  I am saddened to hear that due to personal events between them they no longer play together.  Which is just a damn shame.  This song is sad and aaaalmost drags.  You feel like you want it to speed up but if you think about it you know it would completely ruin the song.



Overratediohead


Wish You Were Here - Radiohead & Sparklehorse

Now I have never been a big fan of Radiohead.  Usually the people are WAY too in them and can't comprehend how you don't think Thom Yorke is the greatest song writer ever.  I don't NOT like them.  Just never really listened to enough to make an informed decision.  I do, however, like this version of the Pink Floyd classic.  It lacks the guitar solo BUT he recorded the vocals over the phone so it adds...something...to it.


The Ugly Duckling



The Swan - Camille Saint-Saens

I really wish I knew how to pronounce this guy's last name.  It really bugs me that I don't know how.



I am going to be speeding this up here for the last 3 tracks so as not to be depressed.  Slow music can do that to ya, ya know...




Speed Freaks


Etude in C Minor Op. 10-12 - Frederic Chopin


Talk about speedy fingers.  Man.  Chopin could tear up the old '88.  I like this song strictly from a 'holy crap that is all over the place' standpoint.   Especially if you realize that most of that stuff going on is played with one hand.


Hello my Honey...


The Entertainer - Scott Joplin

That guy right there, he is the master of ragtime.  I have always loved ragtime.  When I first saw the frog singing Ragtime Gal.  In High School when I raced through the piano class book so I could reach this very song.  I just like stride and early jazz.  It's the bee knees...



One Direction...Not...

  


This one really has to be seen to be believed.  It hearkens back to the five people playing Somebody I Used To Know on one guitar.  If you watch no other video on this list, this is the one that must be seen.


Thought that was a good song to end it on.  End it on an up note.  Don't want to depress everyone out there.  Then no one would ever come back...

Well I hope you enjoyed everything this week.  Leave me comments, suggestion, insults, adorations, abhorations in the box below =)

KKNY is finally off...
 

4 comments: