Thursday, April 25, 2013

TTT #30: John Hughes Classics



Man this has been a long day.  I think I will actually watch a couple John Hughes movies to calm me down.  Enjoy my misery turned joy.


TTT #30 Playlist
Twitter For Spotify Playlist



A Classic Classic


Oh Yeah - Yello

How could this not be the start of the list?  I mean seriously?  Cameron in the car, on the verge of complete breakdown.  You can just picture Abe Froman, The Sausage King Of Chicago.  Great movie.  One of the best.


Just as Hot Now as it was when I was 12


Weird Science - Oingo Boingo

Let's be honest, if a guy could turn a barbie doll into that up there using a 15 year-old's scientific knowledge and a little lightening, There would be a ridiculous amount of Kelly LeBrock's running around...oof...


DAMMIT STAY WITH DUCKIE!


If You Leave - Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark

WHY? Why NOT Duckie?  Hmm?  Nothing??  EXACTLY...



Fist Pump Joke


Don't You (Forget About Me) - Simple Minds

*points two fingers at eyes, then points two fingers at you*  You mess with the Bull, you'll get the horns...



Rusty is immortal


Holiday Road - Linsdey Buckingham


Marty Moose, Marty Moose.  If I had to count the number of times I have seen this movie it would be uncountable.  True.  While there are many entries into the Lampoon's Vacation series the first is, by far, the absolute best.  When Clark loses his shit and punches Marty The Moose in the face, thus caving in his snout, I lose it to this day.  It being my composure...




Those aren't pillows...

 
Mess Around - Ray Charles

This scene.  This scene right here is one of my favorite of any comedy.  When he turns into the devil and starts laughing is the finest piece of cinema in the world.  This song leads to their ultimate blow up and then make up...



The Baldheaded Killer Bear of Claire County


Land of A 1,000 Dances - Wilson Pickett

The Old 96'er.  Spin Cycle.  Lips and assholes.  Jet boats.  Big bear chase me.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about you haven't lived....



Honorable Mention


Twist & Shout - The Beatles

I was going to put Wayne Newton, but no.  Just no.  Not my tea.  At least not that song.  So instead you get a song and a screenshot completely unrelated to one another but great nonetheless.



That's it for this week folks.  Hope you enjoyed this trip into some John Hughes movie classics. 

Crap, I just realized I didn't list the movies.  I feel everyone should know, and have seen, this entire list.  But for the uninitiated here is the list in order of song (go watch them now):

1.  Ferris Bueller's Day Off
2.  Weird Science
3.  Pretty In Pink
4.  The Breakfast Club
5.  National Lampoon's Vacation
6.  Planes, Trains & Automobiles (Best on this list.)
7.  The Great Outdoors
8.  Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Watch it again.)


Ok.  There go watch those about 40 times a piece and then we can talk.  Homework.

KKNY, bringing tweens into the 80's one pink headband at a time...


5 comments:

  1. EPIC. CHK CHKA CHAKAHHH. Best list ever, for the best movies ever. John Hughes was awesome. But, The Great Outdoors is the best on the list. Well, maybe Sixteen Candles. But Planes, Trains and Automobiles is completely classic. I can't rank them. It's too hard...

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOPER LIST!! Of course, Pretty in Pink...then The Great Outdoors...the bald headed killer bear of Claire county. John Hughes movies rocked! It's waaay too hard to rank, no can do. Chips, dips, chains, whips....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both approve! I realized making this list that John Hughes made the most rewatchable movies on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After 20 years I haven't gotten tired of watching them yet. Safe to say I'll be watching the Duck Man when I'm 80...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how well those movies hold up. You can just glut yourself on them and then 5 months later it's like seeing an old friend.

    ReplyDelete