Thursday, May 30, 2013

TTT #35: No Theme...Just Good Music...



I thought about different themes this week.  I have a couple of back logged that I could have pulled out.  I don't think those are necessarily ready yet.  So I chose to just do a playlist of songs I am really digging right now.  Some have good meaning.  Some are so new to me I only heard them less the 4 hours ago, but they made the list (I'm looking at you Bernhoft).  That's sort of why there are two of his songs on this list.  He's new and I've been jamming and dancing...with cats...

I am Kenny Tarver.  This is my life.


TTT #35 Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist



Let the Dancing Begin...


How You Like Me Now - The Heavy

I think I heard this song for the first time playing Borderlands.  Possibly a commercial.  Not really sure.  But it is the perfect song to start out my list.  I need a little upbeat today.   Plus this is just a good song for shoving in some one's face.

Let's say you were just walking down the road, and group of hooligans were watching you from the shadows.  You are walking with your brand new laptop in a really fashionable bag you go got a great deal on.  You are just strutting down the road like you own the damn world.  Not giving a shit.  Then BAM the hooligans jump out and try and grab your bag.  Then you hit em with a well placed Judo chop your cousin in West Virginia taught you.  They run screaming.  This is the song over the top of that scene.  Now your ego is really inflated...calm down, they were just teenagers...



Say it People...


People Say - Portugal. The Man

This band is fairly new to me.  I learned about them from a friend that is staying with us.  So far I am really digging them.  I do have a question about their name though.  It's Portugal. The Man.  Not Portugal The Man.  Portugal. (<--note the period) The Man.  I feel like there is probably a good story behind that, one that I would like to know.

I am, however, not interested enough to go delving through pages on the Internet to find out.  I'm sure it won't be hard to find but meh.  First world problems...



These Gvys Are Jvst Wonderfvl...


The Mother We Share - Chvrches

Any long reader of the blog will know that I like a good electronic pop song.   I really dig these guys.  There is a nice little groove to it.  The only problem I have is when I go to type out Chvrches my brain stalls for half a second on that V.  I know it's coming.  I know it's there.  My brain goes NOOOO IT'S A U!!!! Every.  Single.  Time.  Chvrches.  The only time it doesn't if my brain lets me have it quick but it comes out Chvurches.  Either way, great band.




I Need A Loop Pedal



C'mon Talk - Bernhoft

I only heard this song this morning.   I knew that I was going to love it from the first few seconds.  Once you hear that "Re-Re-Re-Meh-Meh-Meh" I was sold.  Erin likes him because he has a Justin Timberlake like "flava".  She didn't use "flava" but she would, so I used it here.  It is just a jamming song.  Makes me move my shoulders...




Here Comes The Smolder


Heart's A Mess - Gotye

Yep that's Gotye of "You didn't have to cut meeee oooooff" fame.  This song and the next are both from The Great Gatsby soundtrack.  If you haven't listened to that soundtrack yet, or seen the movie for that matter, you should go do it now.  Stop reading and go.  It's great.  Great music.  Great movie.  Great everything.

That pic reminds of the scene in Tangled when the main guy character was like "ok...I didn't wanna do it...her comes the smolder..."

An off day indeed. 




My Aching Soul


Young & Beautiful - Lana Del Rey

I have told at least 5 people that I like Lana Del Rey and I have gotten flak for it 4 times.  I don't know why everyone has a hatred for her.  This song though.  This. Song.

Every once in a while a song comes into your life that you don't understand how you were able to live without it.  It just clicks in all of the notches you have allotted for great music.   It's like a key to a lock you didn't even know you wanted open.  That's how I feel about this song.  It's a beautiful song, with beautiful lyrics and a great musical track.

I think she's gorgeous, especially in that picture up there (I love the 60's and she is sporting early 60's hard).  This song is a 10/10 for me.  I don't care what anyone says.  I get me.




Just A Good Damn Song


Stay With Me - Bernhoft

This song is even newer to me than the last Bernhoft song.  I heard it for the first time about 20 minutes ago.   I don't want to say much in the even that you are listening to this song and reading at the same time.

You need to watch the video though.  Go...I understand...




This May Be Where I Lose Some Of You...


Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis

I am going to do my best to not get preachy right here.  I don't want to try and shove my views of the world on you, quite the opposite actually.   This song though, I think this song has a good message.  I actually ended up hearing this song over a year ago.  Then much later Macklemore & Ryan Lewis hit it big and then I was like "I think I recognize that name..."  I didn't make the connection until I reheard this song.

I realize that living in Louisiana there are a lot of anti Gay people.  I know that there are a lot of people that I know personally that don't agree with it.  I don't think it is something that you should disagree or agree with.  Just like I don't think anyone should tell you how to live your life, I don't think you should tell anyone how to live theirs.  Who am I to say two people aren't in love?  I am almost certain I am losing a lot of people on this one.  Ya know though, I really don't care.

I have friends who are gay.  They are good people.  I wouldn't talk to them if I didn't think they were.   Some of my best friends from high school are gay.  Some of my best friends now are gay.  I don't see anything wrong with it because it doesn't affect me in any way.  I don't think gay marriage has any affect on my life.  I don't think it has any affect on yours.  I realize that the bible says what it says.  I also realize that the bible says a lot of other rules we don't follow.  I am not knocking any one's religion, but I don't think any hate is good.  I don't care what anyone says.

I choose my friends based on their character and how we get along as people.  Not whom they hold hands and kiss.  I think we will look back at this much like people looked at the 60's and the civil rights movement.   You can't force people to act one way or the other.  It's ridiculous to think that you can make people believe what you believe.  Just believe what you believe and leave the rest of the world alone.  If you don't like people for themselves, move.

I have long hair and a beard.  I get looked at like I'm a drug addict.  Women with kids look at me like I'm a pedophile.  People who know me know that I am none of these things.  I do my best to respect everyone.  I am not trying to compare what gay people have to go through with what I have to go through but judging me based on my outward appearance is just as bad as saying all gay people are sinners and bad people.

An old band member of mine is a lesbian women with a great wife.  They have kids, they fight, they argue, they make up.  They go to practices, work, recitals.  Who are you to say their love isn't real?

I am sorry if I lost some of you on that one but I had to get it off my chest.   I just read this story.  A girl's life could be ruined because of intolerance.  Change is coming people.  Accept it.

 *steps down off the soap box*



Til next week...
KKNY signing off... 

No comments:

Post a Comment