Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #9: Sick Day...

I.  Am.  Sick.  I don't usually get sick.  So, since I am not used to being sick, this sucks, or sicks. 
I am all hopped up on Nyquil and Sinus Meds so I may ramble or cut off at any moment.  Forgive me.  My brain and my hands aren't conversing properly right now and there is a tear running down my cheek that I am too tired to wipe away... Not crying, just leaking...

Anyway since the thought of pulsing beats and low lows makes me want to punch someone I will be doing a singer-songwriter man-and-his-guitar type of list...Hope you like it...

I can't keep my attention focused for very long so let's get to it...

TTT#9 Playlist
TTT Mega Playlist
Twitter for Spotify Playlist

Lu'au

You know how you have memories associated with a song?  Well I have HUGE amount associated with this song, most of them not good.  BUT I love the song so much it doesn't matter...

Lua - Bright Eyes


Fort Worth Red

The singer for City & Colour (which is just one guy) is named Dallas Green.  A city.  A color.  Creative.  Either way this has always been my favorite song since I was turned on to him.  Enjoy. Also he doesn't look like someone you would expect to sing like this.

What Makes A Man - City & Colour


I'm Not Usually Like This

For the most part I don't like Neil Young.  He just never clicked with me.  Blame it on the fact that my parents, that I know of anyway, don't really listen to him.  Chalk it up to my hatred of Crosby, Still & Nash.  Whatever it is, I like THIS song, and THIS version of it...so go...

Into The Black - Neil Young


O

Damien Rice is one of those artists that you just love from the first seconds you hear him sing.  His voice immediately grabs and doesn't let go until you feel SOMETHING.  Love him.  Love this.

The Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice


Not About A Girl

The quintessential guy-and-a-guitar song.  Doesn't get much better than this.  If you get a chance to see it done live, go.  It's worth it.

Yesterday - The Beatles


*Rebel Fist*

Bob Marley has many great songs.  This is one.

Redemption Song - Bob Marley


Howdy Doody

The main reason I included this one is so you could see what a guy-and-his-guitar-and-some-effects-and-loops is really capable of.  It's amazing what just some pedals will allow you to accomplish.  For this one I must insist that if you don't normally watch the videos, you watch this one.  It really needs to be seen to be understood.  Great song. Great vid.

Sorry, So Sorry (Live) - Howie Day


Not Rod The Bod

I have loved this song ever since I heard it close out Stir Of Echoes.  I only found it was a cover around 6 months ago.  I love both versions.  This version, as being the original that I heard, is my favorite (I honestly don't remember typing that, that means the meds are kicking in).  Enjoy.

It's Not The Spotlight - Beth Orton



That's all for this week folks.  As it usually takes me a few seconds to think about what I'm going to type with a good solid stall in the middle I think I will eat and go to bed.  I am home alone.  It is dark and I am tired.  Sick.  Hungry.  Poo.

KKNY signing off...

2 comments:

  1. Great mix once again. Love me some Damien Rice. Always.Everyday. Can't go wrong there. City $ Color dude looks like and accountant from the 80's..ala Office Space, the only give away is the neck tat. very good song. I even liked Neil Young, which is not the norm. Now the Beatles, I'm sorry...I can't stand them. I don't know what it is. I think it started with Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club band...the album of which the parents owned before you were alive...It got over played..much like what Sherry did to Bon Jovi in the 80's. Now I can't sit through either of these bands without my hair standing on end. ;-}}

    BUT...the Magic Pedal Man was without a doubt astounding. I've never heard the song before and I likey!

    Sorry your sick...have you actually coughed up an organ or had something fall off? Cuz until then, you're not officially ill. Leaky eyeballs and snot don't count.Hope you feel better KKNY....over and out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I haven't lost any organs or important body parts. Whatever I have did give me a migraine for almost two days. So I feel ill. At the very least sick-ish.

    I can forgive your hatred of the Beatles (barely) because I know what over playing can do to a band or song. You should try actually being in a band that plays a particular song over and over and over and over again. There are still songs to this day that make me want to vomit because I've played them so much (I'm looking at you Black Sabbath).

    Thanks for the comment...glad you liked the mellow list =D

    ReplyDelete