Thursday, November 15, 2012

Back in the NJ groove....



It has been about a month since my last post. Tons of things have gone on. We had repairs at the homestead, which included almost everything, or at least it felt that way. New ceilings, subfloors, tile, carpet, paint....oh my. Now I'm back up north and things are just so different here. Do you guys know it STARTS to get dark here at 4-fricking-:30..? It is full blown dark outside at 5:00pm. The high today was in the 40's the low in the 20's. YIKES! But it's not that bitter bone chilling cold from the south.....yet. I have no idea if it will get that way. It's 5:05 pm and dark outside. Got to make a point of getting out and getting sunshine on a daily basis. I actively try not to become the computer clicking hermit that I'm headed toward,,,,I'll literally be vampiric at this point.


So today, I made what some call Christmas crack. I found the recipe on this blog.....http://asoutherngrace.blogspot.com/2008/12/saltines-have-never-had-it-so-good.html

It was easy, which automatically gets the "that's suspicious" look from me.  It's the hubsters dessert tonight, so I hope it turns out to be edible. I've had a fair number of cooking disasters in my days to be wary of things that are too easy. Know what I mean?

*I think I might actually get to go see the Macy's parade. The guys at hubsters job say it's full of people and you won't be able to see anything...but the balloons are high. Shirley, I can see the balloons...? ( see what I did there) name that movie. I'm cautiously getting optimistic. I leave you with a few of my favorite balloons...





2 comments:

  1. I think you need to go Star Wars premier style and go super, super early and camp out a spot like a Hobo. That way you get awesome seats/stands for the parade!

    I don't know that I could get used to 5pm darkness. That feels like it would be that Alaska midnight where the sun is shining. 0.o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need you to go the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade so that I can experience vicariously...make that happen. Dark and cold. I don't like it. I HATE being cold!

    ReplyDelete