Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #6: The Book Of Love

Seeing as #5 was SOOOO* well received, this weeks blog will be a little longer.  A full 8 tracks.  It gets a little sappy, and sad near the end, but that is just how it ended up.  Not much to say today.  This is the music I like when I need to be left alone...enjoy. Also not all of these are love songs

Also I have turned on comments for all, account or not, for the blog.  So who knows what will happen now...

TTT#6 Playlist
TTT Mega Mix Playlist

The Most Upbeat This Will Get...

I have no idea how, or when for that matter, I found the Super 8 Bit Brothers but I have always liked this song.  It has a weird vibe to it that I like.  Puts me in a mood...

Armies Unlimited - Super 8 Bit Brothers

The Movies

Two Door Cinema Club is a recent discovery I have decided to share.  I haven't listened to the whole album yet.  Next Year stands out among the five I have listened to.  It also has nothing to do with the fact that it is the first track.

Next Year - Two Door Cinema Club

Drummer Lover

AlunaGeorge is a little more electronic-y than the previous but I hope you like it.  There is something about this song that just clicks with me.  I can't explain it but I loved it from the moment I heard it.  Interesting video.

Your Drums, Your Love - AlunaGeorge

Super-group!

This next one is by a combination of the bassist for Kings Of Leon Jared Followill and Mona front man Nick Brown.  They call themselves Smoke & Jackal.  It is a nice super-group.  Not near as campy as Damn Yankees.

You're Lost - Smoke & Jackal

Old Stand-By

Tegan & Sara is by far one of my favorite bands.  I still haven't gotten to see them live, which is extremely upsetting for me.  I love this album, The Con, the most and this is one of my favorite songs off of said album.  Listening to as much of them as you can will do you good.  They're hot as hell too.  Twins!


Call It Off - Tegan & Sara

Monster Love

The Weepies are also one of my favorite bands.  Thankfully I did get to see them live.  They were amazing.  Steve Tannen is a super nice guy and an amazing, amazing song writer.  I will definitely see them again if they ever mosey their way south again.  This is, by far, my favorite Weepies song.

World Spins Madly On - The Weepies

Tiny Songstress

Kaki King can play some crazy rhythms and sick riffs on a guitar.  While this song doesn't necessarily show off her speed and technical skills it is my favorite.  I listen to this in the dark and just let it flow over me.  Just something about it.

Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers - Kaki King

Shall We Dance Mr. Clark?

Ahh this song.  Without a doubt one of the sappiest songs ever written.  Peter Gabriel makes me want to dance with Susan Sarandon, or Jennifer Lopez.  Whichever.  I just love this song.  It speaks to the hopeless sap in me.  I digress.

The Book Of Love - Peter Gabriel



That's it for this week.  Hope you like the playlist.  I know I do, as I am listening to it right now.

KKNY signing off.  Goodnight world.  Be here when I wake up...


*denotes a sentence heavily laden with a multitude of foot thick sarcasm.

3 comments:

  1. I want to go on record here stating that I was completely up to my elbows the past month. I am now back on track and ready to listen. I'm making treats today...something called christmas crack...its saltines, toffee and chocolate baked together...I'll keep you posted. All while listening to KKNY.....WAAAAHOOOOO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candy crack has been made...waiting on it to cool.....So here goes the analysis. LOVED the mix, once again. Trying to decide what my favorite is...First I absolutely LOVE THE WHEEPIES, that's a given, I like Tegan & Sara too..although not really interested in how "hot" they are...The first one was a little out there for my taste, but I have 3 new songs I am super digging to listen too...Kaki King might just be a new favorite...it will go into heavy rotation. And although I've loved Peter Gabriel a very long time, he doesn't make me want to dance with Susan Sarandon or Jennifer Lopez...But I WOULD dance with Richard Gere...LOVE IT KKNY...YOU ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete