Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #5: End This Week Already

Oof.  If ever there was a day that I wish I could take out back and mercy kill it would be this one.  It has been a long week kiddos.  I am not even sure where I found the music for this week's TTT.  It is sort of a blur.  I know that the music this week will be middle of the road chill music.  It is just the way I have been feeling this week.

In other news I will be trying out a new way of posting the videos.  Don't know if I like it yet.  It will be a test.  As always, let me know what you think.  All you have to do is click the little play button next to the name of the song.  I haven't quite figured out the formatting I'm going to use but you don't want to hear all of that.  On to the music.

Oh before I forget...I have also created separate 8tracks.com playlists for each TTT post (going all the way back to the first one).  I will also still be adding this weeks tracks to the mega mix.  So you can play them anyway you like.  ALSO the little yahoo web player thing that I will be testing for the videos also creates a video playlist on this page.  So there is that. =)

TTT #5 Playlist

TTT Mega Mix

Power Duo

I first saw Little Hurricane (well guy and girl) open up for Manchester Orchestra.  From the first notes of this song I was sucked in and held.  Great, great band.

Crocodile Tears - Little Hurricane

Band Of The Minute

BotM.  Most definitely.  I have been listening to Maps & Atlases quite a bit at work recently.  It's the right mix of mellow and upbeat that I really dig.  I first heard these guys on a new website I found for live music videos called couchseats.com.  You should really go check that, and them, out.  I like them quit a bit so you get two songs by them =).

Winter - Maps & Atlases
Bugs - Maps & Atlases

Company of Thieves

I was sold on Company of Thieves from the second I heard Genevieve Schatz open her mouth. It is just a really nice mellow rock song.  Perfect bookend for the week from hell.

Nothings In The Flowers - Company of Thieves

Miike with Two Is

That's right.  Miike Snow.  Not a type that's Miike.  I don't understand it but I do dig this song.  It's kinda jumpy, ya know? Jumpy?  I'm gonna stick with it.  Jumpy. <-- period makes it final.

Animal - Miike Snow

WTF is Efterklang?

Honestly I have no idea what Efterklang means. I could look it up, but I won't.  So if it is obscene, I apologize.  Whatever it means, they are a good folky band.  I have only really listened to this song, but if the rest of their stuff is like this it must be fantastic.

Alike - Efterklang

Just Because I Need Hope

If you have never heard of Matisyahu, shame on you for one, this is a great song to come into the know with.  It has a good message and is a great upbeat song.  I use this when I am down and don't want to be.  I use this song to help me shed the funk.  Use it at your leisure.

One Day - Matisyahu

A hefty list this week on KKNY.  Hope you enjoy the music.  Let me know what you guys think about the continuing changes.  I am still working on getting the whole format of this down.  Sunshine.



No comments:

Post a Comment