Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #7: Pop Tesla Would Enjoy

Not much to say today.  I feel a little bleh so I will be very brief word wise today.  I am in the mood for some electronic so that is where we will be today.  I have some blogs planned for the future and I think I will try getting some drafts down so I can just publish on Thursday.  I digress.  Tired this week.  Got to see Paul McCartney.  Epic.

As per usual I have made playlists on 8tracks.com.  This week I have also made a Spotify playlist (I know at least one sister that will really appreciate this).  As I can't find a spot to link straight to the playlist you can head over to my twitter @Krankit to see the playlist.

On with the show...

TTT#7 Playlist
TTT Mega Playlist

Aortic Overflow

JJAMZ is a new discovery for me.  I think as soon as the bass hits (right at the beginning) I was sold so I thought it would be great to open the playlist.  The video for this is extremely...strange.  Not like, 3am youtube browsing strange but not what you'd expect.  +10 points for the 80's PSA style though.


Heartbeat - JJAMZ


Death Cab + Power Outlet = 

Ben Gibbard is the lead singer of both Death Cab For Cutie and this band The Postal Service.  I think this was a pet project he just needed to get off his chest.  I hope one day he will come to TPS and grace me with his smooth soothing man sexiness, but in a completely heterosexual way.


Nothing Better - The Postal Service


2 Unagi And A Crunch Roll Please

Kyle Andrews is another recent discovery that I was just sold on immediately.  I haven't listened to much yet but this song is just electric and catchy.  Which I love.



Sushi - Kyle Andrews


Feline Electricity

Cat Power is a quirky little lady.  And I like a good quirk.  She's right up there with Zooey Deschanel on the cute quirky nerdy girl hotness level.  Gotta love it.



Manhattan - Cat Power


Dirtz With A Z

This is a strange song.  With a strange video.  But I enjoyed it when it shuffled in on Songza.  So here it is.  I am not sure who, or what, Grimes is BUT here ya go...



Genesis - Grimes


Children

MGMT has definitely got some super crazy stuff out there.  But this song remains my favorite.  It will also stand proud as one of the only songs that I think is really poppy and catchy and has an extremely messed up video.  That poor kid.



Kids - MGMT


City Of Ra

Empire of the Sun was a band introduced to me by my friend Stephan.  While most of their music doesn't always click with me, this song always has.



Walking On A Dream - Empire Of The Sun


Erin N. Evans

This song is my girlfriend's personal theme song.  She could sleep through World War III if someone would let her.  She can sleep anywhere anytime, deep, deep sleep too.  Just amazes me. Passion Pit indeed...



Sleepyhead - Passion Pit



That's it for this weeks mix.  Hopefully next week I will nail down the idea before hand and it won't be so rushed.

Thanks for listening to KKNY Radio LAKE Charles LOUISiana...goodnight.

7 comments:

  1. I am intrigued by the Tesla mix! Was super busy at work today so I'll have to listen tomorrow! Don't scold me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on genesis and I'm digging it. Love cat power..very groovy...death cab is always, always wonderful. Still listening.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time out, time out. The first time you ever mention me in a post and it is regarding my sleeping habits? Astounding...simply astounding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well if you had commented before now I might have been more inclined to include you. So there...

    I'm also glad you are diggin the electro-onic pop musick eldest =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm having a kismet sort of a moment with Cat Power. Last night I was watching 17 Again on the boob tube and I was loving a song so I googled the soundtrack and spotified my new lovely song. It was The Greatest by Cat Power. And NOW I'm diggin a song on your mix and guess who...Cat Power. AND I dreamed of kittens last night. It's a tri-secting convergence of cats....

    And did I mention how EPIC getting the playlist in the Spotify INBOX was? I didn't even know I HAD a spotify inbox. Sweet nelly....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will check how I did the spotify inbox thing. You can link to my playlists from twitter but I will definitely look into that.

    ReplyDelete