Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday 2: Mellow-ness

Yes that is correct it is Thursday and it is time for another episode of Thuper Thong Thurthday.  This week I'm feeling a little mleh so I have been listening to a lot of mellow, mellow music.  A lot of Mumford & Sons and the like.  I will now be showing you some of the mellow-ness I have been playing lately to make it through the day...

Also, I noticed that having the full video posted made MY browser a little laggy.  Not a lot laggy but enough to irritate the 60 FPS needing nerd inside me.  So I have opted for a "click the link, new tab" method.  Let me know which way you prefer and I will act accordingly.  

I will also be posting all live versions of these songs that I love.  Makes it feel more...organic (too hippy??) Screw it. Organic.

On to the list-y:

TTT #2 Playlist
 
My New Favorite Band:

My new favorite band is named Monsters Calling Home.  From what I have gathered it is a group of Koreans from Los Angeles and they don't have a very big following...yet.  I liked this band so much I actually BOUGHT their EP.  That's right will real world dollars.  Now, being the poor person that I am, I do not do this very often (very sad to admit that).  This band is absolutely amazing.  Currently this song, Foxbeard, is my favorite.  But you should listen to all of the stuff they have, it's out of this world good.



Another New Favorite:

This next band I found labeled as The Last Bison.  The when I went to their website it was only Bison. Either way, I love this damn song.  It's got just the right amount of folky mountainess that I just love, and his voice is just raspy and soothing in the right amounts.  Awesome band.  Great song.




An Old Favorite:

This band is named Horse Feathers.  This is another band I found due to Tiny Desk Concerts.  Great show.  This guy's voice is sometimes (most times) hard to understand because it is very, very soft.  But it is an extremely good soft. This is the whole Tiny Desk Concert, but the first song, Working Poor, is the one I would like you to hear.  If you listened to the rest, well, that'd be ok too.


Popular Mellow Songs I'm Loving Right This Second:

First up is the Avett Brothers.  They are good stuff.  They also follow this Thursday's theme and are kind of mountain-y mellow.  I think this is a really beautiful song that everyone should know...


Second is Cough Syrup by Young The Giant.  It is just catchy and non mountain-y.  So if you were sick of the banjos, here is your respite.  Enjoy.





That's it for this week folks.  Let me know what you guys think of the list in the comment box below.

This weeks playlist was brought to you by Ken & Pat Tarver for birthing me and listeners like you.  I am net-casting out of my apartment in Sunny Lake Charles, LA.  Thanks for listening to KKNY.  Good luck. Over...and out.

9 comments:

  1. I'm only one song in to the playlist but LOVE Foxbeard. Guess where Monsters Calling Home are gonna be on the 18th...New Orleans!! Road trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trying to leave a comment...Take 2....

    I just finished the Thong line up and I'm loven Monsters too. Olive green with envy (cuz I got a lil gypsy blood) about N.O. road trip, WANNA GO TOO. Total BS.

    I love Avett, I've heard them before and this song and the others will be added to Spotify forthwith.
    And I really like Cough Syrup they are playing it up here on the alternative station so I get to hear it a lot (cuz that's what radio stations do...wear it out) But I love it, so I'm still ok with it.

    Knocked it outta the park once again KKNY...shout out to Ken and Pat for passing birthing such cool peeps!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My spotify stars keep growing and growing. I noticed you were feeling very mountainous lately. I assume more along the lines of a Renaissance banjo and less so the Deliverance banjo. The Avett Brothers are Yummy and I'm all over Young the Giant...

    Have I ever said how truly hard core addicted I am to spotify....THANK YOU SPOTIFY for meeting my impatient demands for THIS SONG NOW....I heart u

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to go to N.O. to see Monsters Calling Home. But where did you find that they were gonna be in New Orleans???

    Also, if it is the 18th of this month, as in 7 days, I may not have the money to go. I have to pay electric and phone bills AND I have to go to Austin that weekend for Dave's wedding. =-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a comment on their facebook where someone asked if they were playing NO on the 18th and one of the band members said they were gonna be in NY that weekend.

    Holy run on sentence Batman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy mackeral...I happen to be adjacent to NY....looking up

    ReplyDelete