Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #3: One You Know/One You Don't

Hello, Hello, Hello all.  Welcome again to another Thuper Thong Thurthday.  This week I'm gonna try something a little different, and a little more of the same.

This weeks theme is One You Know And One You Don't.  I am going to post a popular song by an artist and then a song I like that you may, or may not, know.

I am also going to try something new this week I am going to make a playlist of all of the Thuper Thong Thurthday (TTT) songs that I have done thus far.  Each week I will be adding to the playlist so you can hear the new stuff, then the old if you wish.  I am going to be using a site called 8tracks.  Hopefully this works.  We will see.  I will also be posting the videos like I normally do if ya just wanna watch, I know I do.

On with the show...

TTT #3 Playlist!

 One Ya Know

If you haven't jumped on the Ellie Goulding train yet, come aboard.  This Brit has got her electronic pop pants tied tight (too much?) Anyway, this is a super catchy song that has been making its way around radio stations all over the country.  This is Lights.




One Ya Don't

So far this is my absolute favorite track from her album Lights.  It is a great song, with a great hook.  If Lights doesn't get you on board, Every Time You Go certainly will... 


One You Know

Contrary to popular belief electronic pop group La Roux is a duo not just an androgynous chick with some wicked red hair. Elly Jackson & Ben Langmaid make up the group that spits out some sickeningly catchy pop tunes. This is their first US single, Bulletproof.


One You Don't

This song is hands down one of my favorite songs of all time.  Not to mention my favorite from the CD.  The harmonies.  The music.  The feeling and emotion in her voice.  A new classic as far as I'm concerned.  This is Cover My Eyes.


One You Know

Neon Trees is one of those bands that just grabbed me from the first time I heard them.  I am a complete sucker for simple pop songs.  Neon Trees delivers these with brute force.  The lead singer, Tyler Glenn, has one of my favorite voices of any singer in pop music.  This is Animal.  You may recognize it...


One You Don't

Now this song is what I usually listen to IMMEDIATELY after Cover My Eyes.  I think they just have a nice flow together and I just love both of these songs so very much.  I hope I don't overplay them (I'm close) I don't ever want to be sick of them.  This is Close To You.


One You Know

While having the honor of having the longest band name on our list Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros are most definitely a unique group.  They have a very family-music sound.  They even seem that way if you see them play live.  They have a definitely unusual website, so click that link.  As per the others I just really enjoy the vocalists and the minimalist-ness of it all.  Epic but bare.  Home is a song that has been on many TV shows.  So you may recognize it, you may not...either way...


 One You Don't

Did I mention there isn't even anyone in the band named Edward Sharpe??  I just love that fact.  This song is called 40 Day Dream, and definitely one of my favs.



Well that's it for this week folks.  Tell me what you though of the mix, and the addition of the playlist, in the comments below...

This is Kenny from KKNY at the sound studio of Bandit Is Sleeping On My Hand signing off...Good Luck.  Over and out.

3 comments:

  1. sorry it took so long to comment, for reasons that will remain unspoken, I was offline for a while....my apologies.

    I have most of these songs...lol...except for Laroux..for whatever reason I can't get behind her affinity for the 80's garb. I put her in the same bucket that holds madonna and bananarama...

    I love elie goulding and neon trees. You played a couple I haven't heard...so me likey.

    TTotally dig Edward Sharpe and the magnetic zeros..

    hit it outta the park again.!!!

    still loving the thongs.




    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the mix master. I like that you'll go dig up something new for me to listen to and I can just kick back and wait for my new mix. The other day I could barely hear a song someone was playing on their computer and sounded like a whiney Dolly Parton remix and it was working the nerves. They tell me it was Elie Goulding and I was cuhrazy. I'm gonna blame that on the acoustics and bad speakers....but I clearly heard a Dollyesque quality...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya know I have listened to her many times and I too believe she is a Dolly fan. I can hear the slight country vibratos in her singing.

    I'm glad y'all liked it. I hope to have some good stuff for the next one...I may be asking for future input on some so be ready...=)

    ReplyDelete