Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday #4: Happyness

First and foremost, yes, I know that Happiness is spelled with an I.  Moving on...

This week has been a good week for me I suppose.  Not much to bring me down.  Got to go to a wedding (which I usually don't like) and hang out with friends from the good ole days.  I miss those good ole days, back when days were good and didn't suck.

So in honor of a decent week and friends I am gonna play some not sad music for once.  I would also like to point out that these songs make ME happy.  If it is not the same for you, I apologize in an ironic way.

As a side note I am also thinking of making the "official" TTT track number each week 8 songs.  This is actually because 8tracks.com requires at least 8 tracks for a playlist.  I was thinking of doing separate playlists instead of updating one.  I would like to know what you guys think of this idea.  I need feedback.  Give me feedback.

Here's this weeks list.  Enjoy.  Is it sad that I am jamming my own playlist while I type this?


TTT #4 Playlist
TTT Mega Mix


 Ryan Gosling is the Driver


If you haven't seen Drive yet.  Go watch it. Ryan Gosling was amazing in it. It's streaming on Netflix.  I'll wait.  OK now this song is one of my favorite parts of that whole movie.  It is a great feeling song and a wonderful backdrop for that movie.  This is A Real Hero by College & Electric Youth.  Also there's a little eye candy for you lady folk up top (As if you didn't notice).  You're welcome.


It's KiD CuDi not Kid Cudi...duh...

This is a song that was cover by a group called Lissie.  I also love that cover version but there is something about this version I just love.  Even if you don't generally dig rap this song is great.  I have a habit of singing it at the top of my lungs while I am home alone, much to the detriment of my neighbors I am sure.  This is Pursuit of Happiness by KiD CuDi.


Kick Start My Heart

I have mentioned my love for The Avett Brothers in previous iterations of TTT.  This is just one of those upbeat songs that just gets stuck in your head and you play 4 times in a row and pray to GOD that you don't burn yourself out on it (I'm looking at you Sherry *points*).  This is Kick Drum Heart by The Avett Brothers.



Lumière Loves The Lumineers

While I am not actually aware if the Frenchman of Beauty And The Beast fame likes this song, come on, listen to it...he must... This is just one of those songs that from the first time I have heard it I had it on my iPod.  This is Ho Hey by The Lumineers.



Electric Light Montage

I feel like this would be the music to a montage of my non-existent daughter growing up.  I am sure it has been used in this regard at some point in some movie that I have logged in my sub-conscience.  It is just one of those songs to get you up and moving about when you are having a rough day.  It is an oldie, but a definite goodie, this is Mr. Blue Sky by The Electric Light Orchestra.





That's it for this week kids.  Once again let me know if you like the idea of 8 tracks a week or if you wanna keep around where we have been (roughly).  I could also make separate playlists by week and then just have a megamix.  Thoughts for another day.  Leave me comments in the box below and feed my ego letting me know you care.  KKNY signing off.  Poof.

5 comments:

  1. Once again, we are on the same wavelength...pretty fun we both dig alternative/indie type tunes. high five-belly bump..BOOM.
    I LOVE the Lumineers. haven't heard that song since I got back here. I like the idea of a super mega mix to jam to for a portion of my dAY while tapping monotonously on the laptop, EVERY. MINUTE. OF. THE. DAY. AAAAAAHHHHH.

    I'm still tuned in to KKNY under a layer of sheetrock dust and crap all over the f#$%ing place..I'll be the white dusted chick stationary in front of the puter listening to zippy tunage...over and out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you enjoy it. I think I may do both. A mega mix and mini mixes but 8 tracks seems a little lengthy. Maybe i'll fill the end of the playlists with silence.

    May your renovations go by with a swift indie slightly ironic hipsteresque (but too cool to admit it) boot kick. =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, A Real Hero is definitely a teen flick wrap up song. Long night of partying and falling in love reel. He's so dreamy... I mock not. I love a good teen love flick. Visions of a life full of thoughtful mix tapes, great concerts, and roses just because. Ahhh youth.

    Enjoy it while you can. Before life gets tainted by reality. Cuz pretty soon it's gonna turn all Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and you're gonna wish you could erase your that a**hole. Just sayin...

    Oh and you were talking about Mr. Blue Sky when you said it was a girly montage. Well Real Hero is very montagey...

    AND I only listened to Kick Drum Heart ONCE thank you very much. But I am on my second round with the Ho Hey. Maybe it's the Lumiere reference. Now all I can picture is Belle and the Beast dancing around to the Lumineers. I belong with you. You belong with me.

    New stars for Spotify....Oh and I like a separate playlist each week as well as a MEGAmix. She says emphatically... I'm pretty sure I'm over-using the ...





    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big fan of ellipses and you can never use too many...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I ever say thank you for the gratuitous set of abs in that post...thank you.

    ReplyDelete