Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Music Monday...a day late!


Well I missed Musical Monday, because I couldn't get myself together. So, it's been moved to Tuesday this week.

For today's musical selection we have Wait...by M83. I am really loving this song. It's dreamy and groovy, which is the mood I've been in lately. When I first came out here, I was a little taken aback by the radio stations around here. I was expecting greatness being so close to the city. Unfortunately, everyone is into the pop scene and whatever music makes you turn your white baseball cap to the side and drop your trousers 6 inches...whatever THAT music is...everyone seems to be listening to it. Stereotypes are alive and well here!

BUT....I happened upon 101.9 out of NYC and they play all alternative music, which is awesome.

So I have a couple of songs we should all hear.....If you run by The Boxer Rebellion....is not a new song, still great. I think it's the cover of a Drew Barrymore film, Going the Distance....
movie is ok...song is great. My opinion.


and last but not least....Lisztomania by Pheonix. I just like it, no reason I can think of.


This little black dog is in super big trouble. We ran to the grocery store and the turkey climbed onto my desk and snagged a bag of, chewed a hole through, and ate ALL of these....



from here....


that actually belonged to this guy:

So he's in doggy trouble.

This one sat by and let it happen........Have a great day guys!!


3 comments:

  1. Run Coop Run!!!

    I am currently listening to the M83 song. I like it, kind of reminds me of Bright Eyes on some level. Dreamy is nice, the end gets kind of creepy, but in a good way.

    I am digging the Boxer Rebellion one already and I am only 20 seconds in. I like mellow.

    We ended on an up note. I like it all. Good mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should learn to play the boxer rebellion song. I'd like to listen to it forever.Just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig your mix. I'm currently super diggin the Phoenix. It's making me happier on a fat day. That's big. And Cooper, Cooper, Cooper, bad dog. Ate the man's Duncan Donuts. Sooo wrong.

    ReplyDelete