Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thuper Thong Thurthday...#1: FIRST!

I have decided to copy Christy (sorry, but not really) and do a weekly song update. Let you guys see what I've been bumping lately. I have wide tastes so I will preface each song with a little quip about why i like it and what not. Like Christy. I am having a little trouble on the number of songs I want to do. My initial inkling is to do 3 or 5. We'll see...I have some current favs. This may be a problem. Ok sadly it came down to eight. I'm sorry. BUT I will group them so it will work =)


TTT #1 Playlist

Okay now for the inaugural Thuper Thong Thurthday #1:

 Mellow-tron of awesomeness:

First I'm going to start with a little Basia Bulat.  She's polish and I love her song called 'The Shore'.  Now this video is her set on a vlog called Tiny Desk Concerts (which is just swell) The Shore is the first song she plays.


For the 2nd song in the Mellow portion of our show I will be choosing Question By The Old '97s.  Which sort of reminds me of the old 96er and that's just grand. Good song too.

 

Now this track is an instrumental that I like jamming on a good night drive (Sherry you know what I'm talking about.) It's not for everyone but I hope you dig it. This is Lament for Morning by Raleigh Moncrief.



Electro-onica:

This first track is just upbeat and jamming.  That's why I like it.  A good driving song.  Amazing by The Mystery Skulls.  With He-Man in the background too!!


This is one of my new very, very favorites.  Mouthful of Diamonds - Phantogram.  Another VERY good night driving song.


Indie Cred-Check:

This band I can thank Erin for turning me onto (and making me see live, great show).  They have pretty awesome lyrics and the more you listen the better it gets, or if you don't like it at first you start to like it more.  His voice might be a little "acquired taste" but I like it. This is Pensacola by the Manchester Orchestra


Now this song I can't even explain why I like it as much as I do.  The guitar tone.  The minimalist approach.  I just like it.  Little Comets - Bridge Burn.



Just for the Eldest:

Now this is just for the eldest living in the upper regions of the country (Sherry can enjoy it too) But everytime I hear it I think about ya =) Stay warm...



Thank you for listening KKNY out of Lake Chuck LA.  Broadcasting over the internet via my apartment.  Good luck and over and out.

3 comments:

  1. Well..so you copy me...I see ya...but i LOVE new tunes, so it's win win..and for the analysis:
    I am seriously loving Basia, Lament for morning, mouth full of diamonds, and Pensacola. I think New York Groove is great and appropo..yesno?

    The electronica I am just starting to allow a place in my heart, so it will take a day or two of listening.

    All in all...grooving mix...glad to have new tunes to add to the daily mix.


    You Rock KKNY...I'll be listening every thursday for THUPER THONG THURTHDAYS...woooohooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetness. Glad you like the mix. And I can't wait to hear your mixes from the Great White North.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brrr...The Great White North. Nice mix. I added a few stars to my Spotify on that one! I'm really diggin the Old 97's and Bridge Burn.

    ReplyDelete