Friday, September 28, 2012

My Sisters Weather

So, my sister, that would be Christy, moved to New Jersey a few months ago. Not too far from NYC!  So I like to keep tabs on the weather up there.  Mostly, to torture myself. Still 95 degrees here, a lovely 72 there. As if being so close to NYC isn't enough, she also gets actual changing seasons. Turning of leaves, snow...how lovely that must be.  Not here. We get HOT & HUMID with a few days of arctic air passing through quickly in the dead of Winter.  Here in the South we just hope that Christmas Day will be, at the least, cold enough to wear the new sweater we got from Santa!  The poor kids don't know any better.  The teeny bopper still rock there new Ugg boots and turtle neck sweater even though it's nearly 80 degrees.  Sad, Sad, Sad.

But not this year for Christy! Yay!! I need you to zip over to Lake Placid pretty soon to see the leaves changing.  Can't wait for you to see the Macy's Day Parade and Rockafeller Center with the tree!  Sigh. Just take LOTS of pitcures for me!

And this is how I keep tabs on the weather.  Each morning while I watch the Today ShowI look around the plaza to see what everyone is wearing.  I noticed jackets on Wednesday and raincoats on Friday!!  Not even thinking about sweaters down south yet. But I'm glad the Today show keeps me posted. Enjoy your weekend!


3 comments:

  1. OH DUDE! I miss you all so much. It IS colder here. We went to Easton, PA so John could play golf, (about 45 min-1 hr away) we crossed the Delaware River...the leaves haven't completely changed yet, but I think by next weekend, I'm going to have lotsa great pics for you. Its definitely colder. We are in that weird transition weather that's a bit to chilly for shorts but not cold enough for jackets....december for you southerners.....it's fricking weird. but I'm soaking it up. If you want to come and stay for a day or two let me know. it' wouldn';t be too terribly expensive and we can shop the discounts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTw,,,NO JACKETS yet....but it's coming....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet by the time December rolls around Christy is going to be in a gortex suit looking like she is about to summit Everest...

    ReplyDelete