Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Derailed by Les Miserables


WOW! I just got super excited about seeing Les Miserables.  I was trying to research Photoshop Illustrator. Cuz that REALLY looks like something I would like to play with. And I found a company today that will print an original design on however many yards of fabric you want. WHAT?!? I could design my own fabric. Kenny what do you know about illustrator? And do you have it? :)  

BUT THEN the commercial I had to sit through before my Illustrator video would start was this lovely featurette of Les Miserables.  Dude, I'm super excited now.  Too much so, probably. But musicals make me happy.  Yeah, I admit it. I love a good musical. That chipper little red headed orphan is freakin great! I do love Annie! "Dumb dog why are you following me? "  And Carol Burnett was never better. "We Love you Ms. Hannigan!"  I get sucked in. I can't help it.  

So this is the video on the making of Les Miserables. Amazing.  Brilliant. I'm stoked to see it!  Yeah, I said stoked. I'm bringing stoked back. Christy, I am, once again, seething with jealousy that you are so close to Broadway. I"m planning my next visit and I will have a LONG to do list!


And even if you don't LOVE a musical, there's Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe to gaze upon. That could chew up a couple of hours of my time any day.  Can't wait for December!  Kenny for you there is Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried.  See, there's something for everyone...

6 comments:

  1. I think you might have just surpassed the brother in the nerd category. I'm on the fence with musicals. I can barely sit through annie...see how different we are. I KNOW that I need to experience it, but I'm leaning toward the operatic side of the musical scene in NYC if I have to endure it. I'll probably like it when I get there, but the thought of going does not make me giddy inside. I have it on my list of things to do...I'll let you know how it goes.Russell Crowe isn't enough to get me there. If Gerard Butler is in the show...maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stings a little. Ya gotta picture THE GLADIATOR when you're thinking of Russell. The strong manly thighs...Oh scuse me. And I'm surprised you think opera sounds better than a regular musical. I do realize of course, that statement makes no sense. But there's a distinction there. I think both would be AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerard will ALWAYS be more appealing than Russel. Admit it.....SAY IT.....DO IT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new Les Mis looks great. Also, we have already discussed Illustrator. However, Good Tutorials, is a great website of tutorials. It's what I used (mostly) to learn Photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, you should go see The Lion King. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete