Thursday, September 13, 2012





This is the lighthouse at Fort Hancock on Sandy Hook Beach. We went over there last night for dinner at Bahrs Seafood Restaurant. They didn't knock it out of the park last night with dinner, but the jaunt around the island made up for the lack of great food. It was pretty interesting.  I'll be doing research on this Fort, I was enthralled by all of the old buildings and huge homes. I need to know what they were used for. I'll keep you posted. We walked along the beach at dusk and the view from the beach is Manhattan. The pictures don't do it justice.

We were one day too late to see the two blue lights that go up in remembrance of 9/11. 

This week has been a no-go for the "life changing" diet and exercise saga. The past week or so has been particularly stressful in many ways, and the only cure for that is a pub tour. We've found a great pub in Edison, NJ. The Shannon Rose. On Tuesday nights, they have Irish Tuesday. All Irish fair is discounted and they have an irish musician that livens up the joint. They have a great shepards pie, which the hubby says is almost as good as our mom's (which is his favorite) and they make a decent black & tan. What's not to love?



So I'm back to eating correctly. I'm feeling a bit paunchy from all of the beer/food.  I'm focusing on protein and veggies. Fit and Trim here I come.......




5 comments:

  1. Awwww I want Shepard's Pie now. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom knows how to make the best one....she's living around the corner. Hit her up. =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Mom can make us a pie! I'll get on that. And I was I were sitting in that pub too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was I were? I wish I was sitting in that pub. More so now that's 1pm than 10 am when I first commented. I would love to sit back in a smooshy chair with a glass of wine right now. Can I have wine in an Irish Pub? Right about now I'd do the Guinness...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The 2nd post was to correct the unintelligible comment in the 1st post, but i just re-read and it doesn't make sense either. I'll just stop now. And if this one is riddled with grammatical and spelling errors, I won't know it! Because I'm not re-reading.

    ReplyDelete